Principal Imaging Scientist
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Avid Radiopharmaceuticals, Inc. (Avid RP), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company, is a molecular imaging company developing diagnostics and biomarkers that improve global health by accelerating the development of new medicines and enabling a tailored approach to healthcare. For more information, visit www.avidrp.com.
As a core member of the Imaging Research and Development team at Avid, the Imaging Scientist will provide scientific innovation for the design and implementation of analysis methodologies for molecular imaging biomarkers in all phases of clinical development. They will leverage expertise in PET image analysis, processing, and modeling and work cross-functionally within Avid and the broader Lilly team, as well as with imaging collaborators within the scientific community to advance clinical imaging research.
- Provide strategic and technical expertise on the development, implementation and quantitative evaluation of imaging biomarker analysis techniques in all phases of clinical development
- Partner collaboratively with internal research and clinical (medical, operations, statistics, regulatory) teams as well as external CROs to support the validation of imaging biomarkers and their application in therapeutic development
- Follow ethical and scientific quality standards to ensure reliable evaluation of large imaging datasets
- Ensure consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing around Avid's core competencies: cultivates innovation, drives engagement, ensures accountability, plans and aligns, nimble learning, and manages complexity
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in biomedical engineering or related fields or M.D. with relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in medical image analysis using common modalities (PET, MRI, CT)
- Experience in neuroscience and/ or oncology preferred.
- Direct experience supporting clinical trials in pharmaceutical or CRO settings
- Knowledge of medical imaging physics, procedures and acquisition protocols
- Familiarity with image processing toolkits and programming skills to develop image processing and data analysis techniques
- Understanding of state-of-the-art technologies including the integration of artificial intelligence with imaging
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 49600.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up