P2P Associate – Disbursements - Zone 2
Cork, MunsterNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 500 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream across 2019 and 2020.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
- Subject matter expert related to the disbursements and Financial Policy & Procedure Review (FIPP) processes with deep understanding of how the accounting is implemented and automated in SAP.
- Process manual payments and complete documentation for SAP processing and bank transfer.
- Work closely with the P2P Analysts to ensure completion of month-end closing activities for P2P.
- Review the daily cash reconciliations prepared by BPO and perform any follow-up necessary.
- Continue to lead conversion of foreign supplier payments to the automated SAP process.
- Resolve disbursement issues arising from BPO, internal and external customers.
- Audit Manual Disbursement Requests and WebDRs according to the financial policy. Audit for appropriateness, correct payment method and proper authorization and perform bump back when appropriate.
- Tier 2 support for all disbursement queries.
- Maintain signature files for management ATS.
- Record FRAP violations for quarterly reporting and communicate violation and corrective action with business.
- Ensure timely revision of disbursement and FIPP process flows, SOPs and job aids.
- Ensure all global documentation is appropriately updated for all disbursement request matters.
- Provide disbursements training to BPO, as needed.
- Ensure proper training of BPO on all disbursement activities.
- Participate on projects related to process improvement or integration as the disbursements SME.
- Implement process improvements related to Disbursements area.
- Ensure disbursement processes are aligned with global processes unless deviations are necessary for legal or regulatory reasons.
- Ensure controls are maintained and in compliance with corporate policies.
- Participate in the testing of P2P technologies.
- Tier 2 support for returned/rejected payments
- Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and The Red Book.
- Ensure adherence to all document retention requirements in line with Lilly Global Record Retention Schedule and any applicable local legal requirements, including filing, storing, archiving, and destroying documents at the end of the record retention period
- Ensure all SOX and Operational controls are completed and followed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities.
- Comply with any corrective actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
Basic QualificationsEffective team member with ability to work across a diverse and cross-functional work group.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Research, analytical and issues resolution skills
- Good Attention to detail
- Develop good relationships with various levels of personnel in Lilly’s Financial organization and third party service providers
- Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
- Able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
- Good time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Power Point etc…)
- Experience in P2P
- SAP Experience.
- Bank Portal Experience
- Excel data Analysis
- Compliance and controls experience
- Second European Language.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54516.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up