Senior Health Economist
West Ryde, Australia
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Develop PRA strategies and plans which are consistent with the strategic brand plans of new and existing products to gain national market access for our products
- Lead cross functional teams in the development and submission of reimbursement dossiers to PBAC/MSAC and PHARMAC
- Lead cross functional teams in the preparation of responses during the consultation and post decision phases of PBAC/MSAC and PHARMAC appraisal processes
- Throughout the development of strategies, submission preparation and post submission consultation, lead the identification and understanding of risks, recommended prioritization of risks and potential solutions to address the key risks.
- Throughout the development of strategies, submission preparation and post submission consultation, you will work with multiple people in multiple functions, both locally and regionally. Success will require strong cross functional leadership including stakeholder management, collaboration and influence without authority.
- Act as a project manager for clinical and economic inputs required for submission dossiers and write HTA submissions
- Act as the PRA/HE therapy lead within across multiple therapy area/products, managing the affiliate relationship with regional and global PRA/GPORWE colleagues
- Work with State Healthcare Account Executives to ensure regional and local level market access materials are consistent with national reimbursement dossiers
- Maintain up to date knowledge of HTA processes and criteria
- Contribute as a constructive member of Brand, CAMA and Market Access Teams
ENVIRONMENT & POSITION CHALLENGES
Gaining PBS listing to new medicines and new indications continues to evolve and increase in complexity, timely access hinges on the ability to identify and execute novel and innovative reimbursement strategies.
Success in this role, requires the ability to analyse and interpret clinical data and link payer insights to reimbursement opportunities. It also means developing strong relationships through global, working across business units and with internal groups to implement.
KEY COMPETENCIES & SELECTION CRITERIA
- A tertiary qualifications in a suitable science or health care related discipline or statistics
- Post-graduate qualifications in health economics, public policy, economics will be highly regarded
Prior Knowledge or Experience:
- Previous experience in managing reimbursement submissions (or sections of submissions) within Australia/New Zealand (or similar) health care system and/or pharmaceutical industry
- A strong understanding of the reimbursement processes and the ability to demonstrate relevant practical experience relating to or that could be applied to reimbursement of pharmaceutical products
- Experience working with and/or established relationships with Department of Health or industry groups is desirable
- Demonstrated project management experience to manage complex projects
Skills & Attributes:
- Stakeholder Management and Collaboration; strong collaboration and communication skills; ability to business partner cross functionally (including Directors, Departmental Managers and Regional Leaders); manage external partnerships; influence and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking; within a dynamic and fast-paced environment; excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to manage ambiguity and develop effective risk management plans
- Influence and Negotiation skills; ability to build strong credibility; influence across all levels including affiliate and regional; strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written
- Project Management; ability to manage complex projects from project initiation to implementation with success, managing both high level and detail
Skills/Attributes which would make the successful candidate more effective:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines
- Analytical skills: ability to systematically review and interpret clinical/scientific literature and health outcomes/economic data
- Work style: Professional, methodical approach
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-8037.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up