Pipeline Planning Manager
West Ryde, New South Wales
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Eli Lilly Australia Position Description
Pipeline Planning Manager (24 month maximum term contract)
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Affairs & Market Access (CAMA)
LOCATED AT: West Ryde, Australia
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Corporate Affairs & Market Access
ROLE TYPE: Full time, 24 month maximum term contract
This role is responsible for leading the ANZ affiliate’s strategic planning, development and market preparation for a therapeutic area’s pipeline assets. It will lead the development of assets from the start of phase 3 clinical development to the local decision milestone on the go-to-market strategy, post the phase 3 study. This requires effective leadership of local cross functional teams, and strong working relationships with regional and global partners and external thought leaders and agencies.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES & ACCOUNTABILTIES
Overall Asset Leadership for a Therapeutic Area
- Effective leadership of cross functional New Product Planning Therapeutic Area (NPP TA) teams
- Deliver the annual Strategic Plan to the ANZ leadership team
- Make recommendations on the optimal strategy for launch of an asset
- Aligning with and/or influencing the region to adopt proposed strategy
- Manage allocated budgets effectively and flexibly
- Implement prioritized projects with excellence
- Effectively transition new products to Marketing commercial team ownership
Health Technology Assessment Leadership
- Deliver Health Technology Assessment (HTA) feasibilities for Phase 3 and key Phase 2 assets
- Deliver expert analysis across the portfolio
- Develop strong and beneficial relationships with key payer customers
- Translate payer insights into strategic issues and solutions
- Lead and/or input into the shallow and deep dives process for an asset, held locally, regionally or globally
- Develop PRA strategies and evidentiary solutions to deliver on payer needs
- Work closely with other members of the CAMA team in delivering payer market intelligence
- Understand the competitive market landscape, today and future
- Understand the patient journey, treatment pathway and positioning
- Identify customer insights, gaps in understanding and solutions
- Identify key players objectives/strategies & engagement plans
- Generate go-to-market scenarios & trade-offs
- Forecast & validate revenue/financial forecast & profitability
While this role has no direct reports, it is expected that the person will effectively lead key cross-functional new product planning teams, and work collaboratively with other NPP team members and with the Corporate Affairs & Market Access team in particular to deliver high quality work, shared learnings and effective transitions to the team responsible to gain access to the market.
Specifically, to be effective in the role, close collaboration is required with:
- Cross-functional partners in NPP teams (particularly Medical, Regulatory, Corporate Affairs);
- CAMA, particularly in shared learning with the Market Access team and communicating effectively with the Manager, Market Access & Pricing;
- Regional and Global partners, including Health Outcomes/ PRA, Global New Product Planning, Brand Teams, Marketing and potentially Finance;
- Key affiliate stakeholders in relevant therapy areas, including Marketing Managers, Brand Managers and ALT/Directors
- Key external clinical and payer thought leaders & advisors
- External agencies such as the Department of Health and consultants engaged in project execution.
KEY COMPETENCIES & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Tertiary qualifications are mandatory:
- Preference for relevant health sciences degree such as Health Economics, Health Technology Assessment
- Marketing, Business Studies or Economics degree would be considered if accompanied by experience and good working understanding of reimbursement environment
- Post-graduate qualifications in Business Administration or Healthcare policy would be desirable
Prior Knowledge or Experience:
- Experience with developing and executing access strategies within a health technology assessment (HTA) systems, preferably Australia. This could range from a close working knowledge to leading pricing, reimbursement and access strategies and submissions
- Depth of experience in a minimum of 1 of the following and desire to build depth in the remainder
- Commercial asset leadership in marketing or business unit, particularly in launches and/or reimbursed markets
- Healthcare customer and/or patient market research planning & execution
- Pharmaceutical clinical trial development and delivery
Skills & Attributes:
- Effective leadership of cross functional teams
- Stakeholder engagement and influence skills – across levels within the organisation
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Commercial acumen/ analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Effectively operates in ambiguity, able to move teams forward (solution oriented)
- Demonstrated learning agility and resilience
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-1582.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up