Integrated Care Representative - Gold Coast, Northern Rivers & Toowoomba
West Ryde, Australia
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Our position purpose is to deliver outstanding customer experience and support to our Healthcare Practitioner customers (HCPs) to aid appropriate use of Lilly medicines. To achieve sales goals for our products for the territory. This role is a ‘hybrid’ position working across secondary and primary care settings - including hospital, private specialist, and general practice.
The role will involve travel to service customers within the territory and regional areas as well as to attend business meetings. Interstate travel may be required from time to time.
• Achieve sales targets by promoting products to targeted customers
• Develop strong, long term relationships with Key Customers in the primary care (GPs) and Hospital environments
• Ensure that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained at all times
• Respond to customer requests in a timely and effective manner
• Promote the image of Lilly in disease state areas
• Develop & maintain excellent knowledge of disease area, products, competitors and market developments in the relevant disease state area
• Develops detailed territory business plans, based on territory analysis, to meet the planned objectives within a geographic area comprising of Hospital and community business
• Develop specific territory action plans for key customers
• Enter and maintain accurate, professional records of customer interactions within a timely manner
• Be a strong team player and work collaboratively alongside all Lilly colleagues
• Able to use Technology effectively in ensuring all duties are carried out effectively
• Ensure all activities comply with legal and ethical standards and company policies
• Able to quickly build knowledge of current treatment guidelines, formulary status & institutional protocols that impact standard of care for the desired patient outcomes
• Identify & offer multi-channel solutions that are the most meaningful to the customer and align with what the Lilly portfolio can deliver
• Lead the organisation and running of specific education initiatives (e.g. speaker meetings, webinars, etc.) to address customer needs and promote the products
ENVIRONMENT & POSITION CHALLENGES
• The role requires a high level of expertise of the Hospital and community environments
• There is an expectation that expert technical knowledge of therapeutic area is needed in order to be of value to decision makers to ensure patient safety is paramount.
• A high level skill set in account management is critical to ensure resources are maximized with a geographic area.
• Collaborating with colleagues across teams will be required in building the right networks and adding value to our customers.
KEY COMPETENCIES & SELECTION CRITERIA
• Tertiary qualification at degree level in science, pharmacy, nursing or business
• Prior sales or territory management experience in pharmaceutical or medical industry is preferred
Most Critical Skills & Attributes:
• Selling capability (strategic customer focus)
o Account & Stakeholder Management – – An ability to manage key accounts within a geographic area and to enhance relationships, to build and increase collaboration, to develop valued relationships with key influencers and teams
o Scientific knowledge and application – A demonstrated ability to understand and disseminate scientific information and related disease states – at a depth required to credibly communicate with a specialist
o Strong Professional Communication - Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share relevant and high quality information
• Business ownership
o Business Acumen - To have an understanding of business drivers for both customer and organisation, cuts through the complexity to solve business problems that creates a mutually beneficial outcome
• Planning and execution - An ability to review data; strategically plan actions that are implemented with the desired outcomes and accountability for these actions.
• High level organizational skills – The ability to prioritize and deliver on customer requirements and complete all administration tasks within the required timeframes
o Learning agility - To be able to effectively deal with a wide variety of people and challenging situations and is comfortable with complexity, can examine problems carefully and deliver in first time situations.
o Emotional Intelligence – To be able to evaluate emotions of self and others in order to understand drivers of behavior and build valued relationships, to remain optimistic and positive even in ambiguity or during a setback.
o Resilience – The demonstrated ability to be determined to achieve a goal, the ability to persevere during times of trial, ability to adapt to change and move forward after disappointments and setbacks
o Compliance – the ability to understand operating principles, procedures and practices and to operate within them at all times
Prior Knowledge or Experience:
• Prior experience and demonstrated skills in a sales or account management role is highly desirable
• Proven expertise in the diabetes therapy area is desirable
• Demonstrated ability to use technology effectively to meet administrative and compliance requirement
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-10851.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up