Precision Medicine Consultant
Washington D.C., District of Columbia
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesAs a member of this regionally-based commercial team, the Precision Medicine Consultant (PMC) will serve as the diagnostics subject matter expert with responsibility for targeted outreach to pathologists, lab directors, oncologists and other account stakeholders to educate on oncology biomarker/genomic testing.
The PMC will leverage account-specific business plans to define opportunities and establish solutions to drive quality testing uptake which will aid in identification of oncology patients who may benefit from targeted therapies.
The PMC may also provide account personnel with appropriate (non-patient specific) education and support around coverage, coding and claims administration of diagnostic testing. Customer segments will focus on academic centers and hospital owned/affiliated community oncology accounts, potentially including regional and speciality reference labs.
Successful PMCs will work compliantly within the Lilly Oncology commercial organization and in close collaboration with Lilly Oncology Sales, Managed Markets, Marketing, Medical Affairs, MSLs, Account Managers, and Clinical Support Specialists. Ideal candidates will possess a depth of knowledge in the oncology market and functional knowledge in the clinical/scientific aspects of cancer diagnosis and biomarker/genomic testing. Advanced knowledge of molecular diagnostic testing modalities including next generation sequencing is strongly desired.
*Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:
- As part of a cross-functional, promotional team, the PMC will be responsible for cultivating stakeholder relationships and developing account-specific plans to facilitate use of high quality, comprehensive tumor biomarker/genomic testing
- Master technical and market knowledge related to oncology molecular diagnostic testing (e.g., next generation sequencing (NGS)) and how it fits in the treatment paradigm genomically defined tumours
- Obtain and maintain full proficiency in identified tumour types, disease state, product and business knowledge to support the needs of accounts and the field team
- Target, develop, assess and maintain a thorough understanding of accounts and key customers
- Demonstrate knowledge of, access to, and the ability to influence all key stakeholders in targeted accounts (Pathologist, Oncologists, Executive Leadership, Lab personnel, etc.)
- Identify and communicate customer issues, educational opportunities, and market developments through supervisor and internal partners
- Develop exceptionally well-designed business plans aligned to diagnostic strategic imperatives with resource allocations that link to strong results
- Demonstrate a mastery of knowledge and analysis of the oncology diagnostics business and the evolving market landscape
- Provide (non-patient specific) education & support around coverage, coding and claims administration for oncology diagnostics
- Institutional account strategic approach: develop a long-term plan to increase utilization of biomarker/genomic testing via the various gatekeepers/influencers
- Liaise with cross-functional internal and field-based partners as appropriate to support the establishment of oncology diagnostic testing protocols within accounts
- Attend identified relevant national/regional/local education meetings and conferences, maximizing opportunities at these events
- Develop and implement educational speaker programs for the pathology/lab audience
- Facilitate customer hand-off opportunities across various field teams, as well as with external (third-party lab and/or IVD company) parties, as appropriate
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Customer Relationship Management database
- Utilize data analytics and tracking tools to effectively monitor and direct customer activities
- Adhere to all company and compliance guidelines, policy and procedures
- BA/BS degree in scientific discipline or related field OR 5+ years technical, industry experience in molecular biology, genomics, molecular diagnostics with a strong preference for next generation sequencing.
- 5+ years of successful sales or account management experience in diagnostic, oncology/haematology, biotech, or capital equipment sales.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required.
- Proven relationships with oncologists and/or pathologists.
- Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks inside and outside of key institutions.
- Strategic account management experience, including developing & implementing attainable account-specific business plans.
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong analytical, negotiation and customer relations skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work independently and as a team member with multiple parties on our Oncology field based teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and applications.
- Experience with effective utilization of Veeva or similar CRM database a plus.
Physical Demands / Travel
- Please note this role will require 70-80% US travel, primarily within assigned region but also nationally as required.
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position’s work environment is remote based, with significant travel on a regional basis to various sites.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each roles and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application processes please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55758.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up