Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Are you looking for an exciting scientific role where you will have opportunities to contribute to model-informed drug discovery and development strategies and plans, trial designs, data interpretation, and be part of the team to develop innovative medicine that will improve the lives of patients around the world? Eli Lilly and Company is looking for a creative, motivated and hardworking scientist to join our Global Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacometrics team.
For more than a century, Eli Lilly and Company has united caring with discovery to make life better for patients. We continuously focus on new and innovative ways to fulfill our purpose of making medicines that help people live longer, healthier, more active lives. Our team is one of Lilly's dynamic groups striving to improve the lives of people around the world. We are looking for a pharmacometrician with passion, curiosity, creativity and persistence to affect change and deliver results.
The scientists in the department of PK/PD & Pharmacometrics are the functional leaders throughout the value chain from preclinical lead molecule identification to clinical post-drug approval. Identifying and developing the right drug with the right dose for the right patient and living the model-informed paradigm of drug research and development is our goal. Some key responsibilities in this role are:
- Provide PK/PD/Pharmacometric and scientific leadership to project teams to support the selection of the right target, molecule, dose, patient population, and development strategies. You will apply the appropriate approaches to translate from preclinical to the clinical setting by integrating data from multiple fields.
- Expect and understand the high-level issues affecting the drug discovery/development process and help derive at effective solutions. Support decision-making through cooperation and collaboration on cross-functional teams.
- Develop PK/PD sections of program and product team plans as project leader.
- Lead and support the preparation and delivery of Phase I, II, and III study protocols, analysis plans, data interpretation, and study reports.
- Responsible for preparation of relevant INDs, IBs, CTDs and other regulatory documents for development and registration of new drugs and line extensions across multiple geographies. This may involve direct interaction with FDA, EMA, PMDA among other regulatory agencies.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other scientists within the department and across the company as well as interact, teach and collaborate with academia.
- Represent the group to increase visibility externally, through key publications, active leadership in key scientific organizations, industry trade groups, or consortia.
- PhD and/or MD in relevant scientific field such as biological/pharmaceutical sciences, bioengineering or related field.
- Excellent understanding of clinical pharmacology (PK, PD and pharmacometrics) principles.
- While experience from industry, regulatory, consulting or academia with exposure to industry is preferred, we are also looking for enthusiastic new graduates.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This position can be located in Indianapolis, IN or in the United Kingdom.
Keywords: PK/PD, PK, PD, pharmacometrics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54827.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up