Medical Science Liaison, Dermatology/Autoimmune Disorders – Western Canada
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Medical Science Liaison, Dermatology/Autoimmune Disorders – Western Canada
Lilly is one of the top 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Lilly has remained dedicated to creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. At the heart of Lilly's operations are its core values – excellence, integrity and respect for people and these are reflected in business practices that include strong governance principles, the ethical development of medicines, transparency and ethical product promotion.
The MSL will serve as a scientific resource for Canadian experts in the field of Dermatology and related autoimmune disorders. The MSL is responsible for responding to requests for in depth, cutting edge scientific information from the medical community in the autoimmune field including the latest scientific literature, the latest research from major scientific conferences, updates on Lilly’s educational activities and Lilly’s pipeline research activities. The MSL will also gather feedback and insight from Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders to better inform Lilly’s research and overall strategic direction. By facilitating scientific exchange between the academic community and Lilly, the MSL has the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare with information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions.
In all interactions, the MSL has responsibility to ensure that activities are compliant with all applicable guidelines, Rules and Regulations for Conducting Research, IMC Code of Conduct, the Eli Lilly Canada Policy on the Promotion of Pharmaceutical Products and Ethical Interactions with Health Care Providers, and other prevailing regulations/codes that may pertain to their work in the future.
Develop and maintain mutually beneficial, peer-to-peer relationships with the scientific community
- The MSL will spend a significant amount of their time on customer-facing activities to develop relationships with external customers including scientific experts, researchers, educators and clinical investigators. The MSL will serve as a major representative of Lilly for these health care professionals, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the work of the scientific expert when it aligns with Lilly's mission. An important aspect of this work will be to connect thought leaders and scientific experts with other Lilly resources (e.g., Discovery, Real World Evidence Scientists, Clinical Research Physicians and Global/Canadian External Research & Development).
Effectively communicate with Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders with up to date scientific knowledge and provide services that meet their needs.
- The MSL will be considered a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their customers. They will respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with any available information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, access to internal and external experts, slides and other teaching-related material.
Continually enhance scientific knowledge
- The MSL is required to maintain technical expertise within a therapeutic area to engage in scientific discussions with scientific experts. The MSL will be expected to engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent. They will attend appropriate scientific meetings, conduct routine literature searches and will be expected to communicate regularly with each other to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant.
Support the affiliate medical business objectives and cross functional partner
- The MSL will be responsible for interfacing the scientific expert and Lilly resources/internal business partners such as Clinical Research Physicians, Medical Information Associates, Medical Education, Corporate Affairs, and Marketing as requested by the expert. They will also report the clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they have received from the scientific experts to the medical and brand teams. The MSL job entails not only scientific and customer expertise, but also requires the ability to understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs and support internal Lilly business.
Basic Requirements: Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in health sciences (PhD, MD, Pharm D) with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience in Dermatology.
- OR MSc in health care/professional designation (BScN, PT, RD etc.) considered if 5 or more years of relevant clinical experience in Dermatology
- OR previous MSL experience and sound knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Intellectual curiosity and intelligence about the field of immunology/autoimmune disorders
- Ability to critically appraise scientific information / literature
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to comprehend large amounts of scientific content, which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion
- Demonstrated ability to build strong/collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with external customers
- Familiarity with the academic community and medical research
- Significant direct experience in servicing customer needs for complex information
- Experience in professional networking with positive mutually beneficial outcome
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills including an ability to work effectively with internal colleagues and cross-functional team member
- Strong project management skills with an ability to work within teams to prioritize key projects and medical tactics
- Previous Medical Science Liaison experience
- Significant clinical or research work in the areas of autoimmune diseases including Dermatology
- Coverage territory: Western Canada
Eli Lilly Canada is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-4426.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up