Medical Information Associate - 18 month contract
Toronto, OntarioNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. Our team is lean and we operate in a fluid, transparent manner, where a culture of collaboration, thinking differently and acting quickly is highly valued.
Our work today – from our research programs to our volunteer initiatives – is a reflection of our heritage of uniting caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
We are committed to investing in our employees through competitive salaries, training, development and ensuring health and wellness. The pharmaceutical industry is an exciting and rapidly changing and we are looking for driven, highly capable people to help us accomplish our mission!
Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? Are you ready to bring your skills and talents to Lilly? Read on to find out more about the responsibilities and how you can join Team Lilly
|We are seeking a Medical Information Associate (MIA) who has a passion for helping patients and health care providers and the ability to work collaboratively to deliver meaningful solutions. The MIA combines deep scientific knowledge, communications expertise and exceptional collaboration skills to plan generate and deliver meaningful medical communications that are balanced, accurate, and timely to help improve patient outcomes. Patient care is enhanced through the quality and transparency of Lilly product information.|
Collectively, the activities of the MIA help to influence strategic and tactical direction for their specific therapeutic area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Medicine or Nursing
- Skill to search information including computer-based searching skill
- Effective telephone communication and computer skills.
- Ability to translate complex medical information and data into a succinct, technically correct, readable document that customers are able to read and use to make clinical decisions.
- Experience with databases, performing medical literature searches and evaluation of the medical literature
- Advanced written and verbal English and French skills
- Flexibility in order to meet customer needs
- Flexibility in working in multiple therapeutic areas as need arises
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Self-management skills to work independently (e.g. Project management skills)
- Communication and interpersonal skills (e.g. Collaboratively work with team members)
- Bilingual strongly preferred (English/French)
- Prior experience in the provision of medical information in hospital, community, or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Strong customer focus to provide unparalleled customer experience
- Strong leadership
- Cross-functional leadership
- Logical thinking ability (e.g. Read and understand data)
- Issue solving and risk management skills
- Lateral thinking ability
- Conceptual skills
- Digital related experiences
Additional InformationLilly will conduct, at its own expense, background search (including verification of educational credentials, contacting three of your personal references) of the successful candidate.
Eli Lilly Canada is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please do not contact us via phone. We appreciate all who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Eli Lilly Canada does not sponsor work permits or other employment visas.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54401.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up