Medical Education Manager – Rheumatology/Autoimmune
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. Our team is lean and we operate in a fluid, transparent manner, similar to a start-up, where a culture of collaboration, thinking differently and acting quickly is highly valued.
Our work today – from our research programs to our volunteer initiatives – is a reflection of our heritage of uniting caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
We are committed to investing in our employees through competitive salaries, training, development and ensuring health and wellness. The pharmaceutical industry is an exciting and rapidly changing and we are looking for driven, highly capable people to help us accomplish our mission!
Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? Are you ready to bring your skills and talents to Lilly? Read on to find out more about the responsibilities and how you can join Team Lilly
ResponsibilitiesWe are seeking a new Medical Education Manager on our Autoimmune Medical Affairs team. If you have a deep understanding of adult education and a passion for helping both patients and health care providers, we want to meet you!
As a leader on this team, you will own the National Rheumatology strategic planning and implementation of educational solutions that support practice change and optimal patient care. You will have exciting opportunities to use many of your skills, including scientific acumen, strategic skills, project management and instructional design skills. In this role, you will also have responsibility for establishing collaboration with key partners to deliver innovative and engaging educational solutions in support of our customers.
You will lead the development and implementation of educational solutions to meet the learning needs of HCPs in rheumatology.
- Partner with Health Care Providers (HCPs) and experts to understand learning needs
- Coordinate internal resources and create lasting relationships with team members (marketing, medical, sales, compliance) to develop innovative, medical education programs
- Develop partnerships with HCPs, Faculty, Speakers and Medical Societies/Associations to provide balanced, unique learning opportunities
- Foster an entrepreneurial spirit and operate as in a small start-up, ensuring quick decision making, learning agility and openness to change
- Providing an excellent learning experience that triggers practice changes to optimize patient care
Do you want to engage your business skills? This role will allow you to stretch by:
- Demonstrating your understanding of key business drivers and ensuring business alignment with the medical education strategy
- Anticipating the dynamic and exciting Med Ed landscape and adjusting your strategy and solutions to fit the changing landscape
- Consulting on and compliantly navigating the complexity of internal and external policies/codes that govern interactions with physician organizations, HCPs, accrediting bodies and academic institutions
- Managing the Med Ed budget and the work of vendors contracted to develop education solutions
You will have the opportunity to showcase your educational expertise by:
- Delivering innovative, engaging, and high-quality educational programs for Canadian HCPs
- Continuously developing and maintaining knowledge and skills required to design effective educational solutions
- Maintaining an accurate and current database on the status of all projects
- Ensuring high quality and scientific accuracy of educational solutions originating from Lilly Canada sponsored activities and ensure medical, regulatory and compliance review
- Evaluating effectiveness of educational solutions and ensuring continued improvement in customer experience
At Lilly, we love to build partnerships, bring in fresh ideas and collaborate. In this role you will own the opportunity to collaborate and build partnerships by:
- Identifying external partners and building strategic long term collaborations to deliver high quality medical education
- Gathering knowledge about faculty, medical societies, and other collaborators, tracking their expertise, capabilities, network and Med Ed services and involving them according to their expertise, capabilities and the specific context of the respective service
- Coordinating with internal partners to share best practices, leverage existing knowledge and ensure alignment and collaboration on all activities
Are you curious and passionate about scientific education? You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating intellectual curiosity and intelligence about the field of medicine/science for which they are responsible
- Seeking out and participating in opportunities to increase and maintain scientific knowledge in assigned therapeutic area
- Ensuring through knowledge of drug and disease area and current awareness of medically accepted clinical therapeutic options
Growth and Development:
At Lilly, we thrive on continued growth for personal development. You’ll be able to:
- Actively participate in continuous performance improvement programs to continue to develop the knowledge and skills required in educational design and other required competencies.
- Identify innovations, trends and opportunities by actively engaging with the external medical educational community and beyond.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to think differently and translate a strategy to a customer focused, creative, innovative and implementable plan
- Relevant medical and scientific background ideally in migraine and able to communicate science in a clear, engaging manner
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of adult education and effective instructional design
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to listen to external and internal needs, build professional relationships, network, plan projects, negotiate solutions to complex challenges and communicate to any level of the organization effectively
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing and organizing data, self-managing priorities and multi-tasking projects with a strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined and ready to drive the implementation of innovative solutions
- Learning agility and adaptability
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader)
- Ability to work in a Virtual Based role and work/ communicate in virtual teams
- Advanced degree in health sciences or Health Care Professional degree (PharmD, Ph.D., M.D., R.N. RD, Pharmacist, CDE, MSc. Degree)
- Minimum 3 years relevant clinical or therapeutic experience or 3 years’ relevant industry experience
- Bachelors level degree considered if 5 or more years clinical/pharmaceutical experience or medical education (eg. Med Ed agency) in therapeutic area exists and demonstrated expertise in development of adult education programs
- Fluent English with excellent communication skills written and oral ; French language skills an asset.
- CCPE Certification in Continuing Health Education preferred (otherwise, must be completed within 1 year of starting role)
Additional InformationLilly will conduct, at its own expense, background search (including verification of educational credentials, contacting three of your personal references) of the successful candidate.
Eli Lilly Canada is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Eli Lilly Canada does not sponsor work permits or other employment visas.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 57664.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up