Forecasting and Market Insights Associate
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
About the Company:
At Lilly, we are inspired to make a difference in people living with health challenges every single day, by discovering life-changing medicines, better understanding disease-management, and supporting people who are living with illness. Our work today—from our research programs to our volunteer initiatives—is a reflection of our 140+ year heritage. We unite caring with discovery to make medicines that make life better for people around the world.
We are committed to investing in our employees, through competitive salaries, training and development, health, and the opportunity to help people living with chronic diseases. The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable people to help us accomplish our purpose to make life better for people in Canada.
About the Position:
Eli Lilly Canada is looking for an optimistic, resilient, and adaptable skilled professional with expertise in pharmaceutical forecasting and market research. This position is responsible for developing sales forecasts and lead market research projects for diabetes brands. This role will also be responsible for defining and prioritizing business problems, discovering insights, and influencing business partners to make better business decisions and develop more effective solutions through the inclusion of customer input. The associate will support the Global and Regional market research projects and plan and execute with local Brand Management affiliate specific market research projects.
You will be a core member of the product team to help inform critical strategic decisions for improved performance based on current trends and anticipated future performance trends. You will also gain detailed knowledge of the Canadian competitive environment in the diabetes therapeutic area. This includes understanding Lilly’s relative position in the marketplace, competitive performance, new brand uptake, the timing of potential new brands and the impact on the forecast.
· Lead primary and secondary market research projects with responsibility for secondary data analysis as needed
· Identification, definition and prioritization of needs for input from a specific customer group (i.e., HCP , Consumer, Payer)
· Review, report and make strategic recommendations on current brand performance, including development and maintenance of performance dashboards
· Partner with the Marketing, and Pricing, Reimbursement, & Access teams to monitor and provide market insights to the brand and sales teams on competitor performance in the market
· Streamline insights from the sales teams and provide them with digestible and valuable market insights
· Develop Days of Therapy (DOT) demand forecasts for Diabetes Products
·Monitor and track performance against monthly demand forecasts Revise and update forecast models quarterly
· Lead the annual Strategic Planning process for all diabetes products with the full cross-functional team (Medical, Marketing, Pricing, Reimbursement & Access, Sales)
· Monitor product supply and proactively inform supply chain of demand forecast changes every month
· Lead the bi-annual sales incentive forecasting process in partnership with the Business Unit Leader, Marketing Leader, and Sales Director Lead business case development for price approvals and/or commercial buy ups
· Must have experience of utilizing multiple data sets/sources for forecasting purposes – including market research, IQVIA, epidemiology, publications, etc.
· Strong analytical competency with at least 5 years of combined experience with forecasting and market research in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
· Deep understanding of the principles of Market Research and Forecasting
· Must understand Canadian Pharmaceutical market environment
· Fluency with data analytics tools
· Demonstrated confidence in communicating your position on strategic decisions
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Intellectual curiosity
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results through others
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
· Demonstrated ability to discover insights
· Relevant bachelor’s degree in the field of Science, business administration
· Marketing and/or Sales experience
· Previous experience in the diabetes therapeutic area
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-9235.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up