Associate Learning & Development Consultant – Biomedicine Business Unit
Company OverviewLilly makes medicines that help people live longer, healthier, more active lives.
Lilly Canada was founded in 1938, and has since grown into a leading research-based pharmaceutical company. Eli Lilly Canada built its first facility in 1946 and the Canadian headquarters is based in the downtown sector in Toronto, Ontario.
Today, the company employs more than 350 people across the Canada.
We have been recognized as one of the best companies to work for in Canada on numerous occasions and generations of Lilly employees have sustained a culture that values excellence, integrity and respect for people. Globally, Eli Lilly and Company employs approximately 38,000 people and markets medicines in 125 countries. With major Research and Development facilities in eight countries and clinical trials ongoing in more than 55 countries, Lilly’s work continues to break new ground, placing it on the leading edge in many of today’s most important areas of health care research.
ResponsibilitiesThe Learning and Development (L&D) Consultant’s mission is to create and enable employees to acquire deep expertise within the therapeutic areas they are responsible for, in a manner that is engaging, efficient, and anchored in the realities of the Canadian Healthcare landscape.
The role of the L&D Consultant requires deep expertise in autoimmune diseases and migraine. The role requires an experienced individual to influence and work with internal cross-functional partners such as marketing, medical and sales.
The successful candidate will help shape strategic learning direction for new brands and existing assets. In addition, the experience and passion this person brings to the role will create an environment where learning solutions empower people and impact business results. The candidate will be proficient in presentation and facilitation skills that optimize the transfer of knowledge to adult learners.
Main areas of Responsibility:
1)Act as Business Partner:
Build and sustain valued partnerships:
·Leverage effective relationships with key business partners in marketing, sales, and medical to identify desired learning outcomes, and deliver appropriate training resources to the sales force.
·Consult with business partners to prioritize and address sales capability gaps.
·Strategically consult and collaborate to advise how learning solutions will drive business outcomes
·Leverage resources to enhance value to business partners
·Provide initial and ongoing coaching of the sales force on foundational skills and knowledge
·Collaborate with sales leaders, to support disease state knowledge needs and development.
·Conduct field visits with field sales to provide coaching and assess training needs
·Exchange feedback and coaching with training colleagues and sales management
Using Adult Learning, Blended Learning and Modern Learning Principles:
·Perform needs and gap assessments and make recommendations for appropriate learning interventions
·Design, develop, and implement sales training
·Evaluate and consistently update learning programs and content
·Create annual brand learning plans to support learning activities throughout the year
·Facilitate training programs for the sales force
·Develop sales training materials for clinical confidence and product training
·Create appropriate curriculum for learners
4)Business Ownership and Accountability
- Demonstrate knowledge of disease state, product portfolio, and therapeutic options
- Demonstrate knowledge of channels and services/solutions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local selling environment, marketplace trends, and affiliate/business unit objectives
- Establish and ensure consistent use of processes and tools to manage projects.
- Develop content for launch readiness in compliance with local label and business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years in outside pharmaceutical sales or 2 years of previous pharmaceutical sales training experience
- Experience and passion for customer-centric selling approach / philosophy
- Excellent facilitation & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
- Ability to connect with broad range of audiences and ability to leverage use of virtual training platforms
- Experience working within or knowledge of the relevant therapeutic area.
- Highly skilled in project management and Microsoft Office tools – Excel, PPT, Word, Teams etc.
- Important traits: Learning agility, autonomy, optimism, resilience, passion for work, adaptability, desire for achievement
- Strong influence, communication and networking skills to build relationships with cross functional leadership and peers
- High energy, drive and enthusiasm towards delivering excellence in capability work and experiences
- Proven decision-making and critical thinking skills to help guide strategic and tactical planning.
Additional Skills/PreferencesThis role is field based with expectation of time in head office, as needed.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 57760.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up