At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We’ve received recognition from several distinguished organizations for our efforts. Here are some of our honors in recent years:
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity, No. 3Corporate Knights, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Ethisphere, World's Most Ethical Companies 2019 – 3rd year in a row
- Forbes, America's Best Employers for Diversity
About Lilly Taiwan
Here at Lilly, we are focused on our common purpose to make life better for people around the world. Whether here in Taiwan, the greater NAPAC region, or our corporate headquarters in Indianapolis, each team member plays a critical role in ensuring we deliver on that purpose.
The Lilly Taiwan team is an exciting and fulfilling place, where we work hard to change lives for patients while supporting and encouraging each other to be and bring our best. Lilly is a place you can grow and lead, innovate, connect with coworkers who care about you and find meaning in the work you do. Join us.
The purpose of this position is to provide executive support to the General Manager of Lilly Taiwan, so that she/he can focus on leading the business successfully.
There are four key areas of accountability: Schedule Management, Communication Management, Relationship Management and Execution of Administrative Tasks/Projects. As a part of Relationship Management, this role will also have one or more direct reports.
This work is of a highly confidential nature and will require high integrity, proactiveness as well as the ability to balance competing priorities across the affiliate. Lastly, in addition to supporting the GM, this role will also support the Sales Director, Human Resources Director, and other lead team members as assigned.
The Senior Executive Assistant consistently functions at the highest level with the utmost regard for the Lilly values (Integrity, Excellence, and Respect for People).
The key responsibilities of pursuing the purpose may include but not limited to;
Be proficient in and responsible for performing the following scheduling duties:
- Provide administrative support and responsibility for overall calendar management including scheduling internal and external meetings and conference calls.
- Management of both internal and external meetings.
- Traveling to (or working virtually with) local and remote meeting sites and personally directing activities at special functions; have responsibilities for coordinating major communication events.
- Screening and communicating which activities, meetings, events, etc. the business partner will or will not be able to attend and coordinating all arrangements for attendance at those functions.
- Prioritizing and organizing the business partner’s time and ensuring that the business partner is adequately prepared for each day’s activities; assuring that the business partner has appropriate materials/pre-reads for each meeting in a timely manner.
- Arranging all travel, with every detail finalized, to allow the business partner to focus on the business at hand.
Be proficient in written and verbal communication and responsible for the following communication duties:
- Preparing e-mail communications, documents and presentations from vague concepts and ideas
- Serving as the key contact person, helping to build relationships – as well as minimizing disruptions for direct and in-direct business partners.
- Conflict resolution – deals respectfully with others; attempts to resolve personal conflicts without intervention.
- Communicates independently in response to incoming requests from external customers and accepting accountability for the results of decisions
- Maintain direct, open and constant communication with the business partner
- Reading, screening, documenting, answering, and filing large amounts of correspondence to reduce or eliminate the need for the business partner to review and forward.
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all information obtained from and for the business partner.
Relationship Management- Collaboration/Influencing
Be comfortable with and effective in working as a team player and responsible for the following duties related to working in a team environment:
- Proactively contact and establish good working relationships with others within and outside Taiwan to maximize productivity
- Priorities and complete administration support for the team, leveraging admin resources as appropriate.
- Determining the work design, framework and governance of the administrative support across the functions
- Acts as change agent and influences others to understand, support and drive improvements
Execution of Administrative Tasks/Projects
Be proficient in executing administrative tasks/operations and is responsible for the following duties:
- Management of monthly expenses, invoice payments and the purchase order system
- Coordinating travel and meetings with both internal and external customers
- Actively participate and at times lead group problem solving, including during virtual meetings
- Producing results with others by contributing opinions and supports group decisions
- Priorities work, make decisions and allocate time in order to meet deadlines for multiple ongoing projects.
- Identifies techniques to increase productivity
- Lead, coordinate and conduct global record-keeping and record-retention at affiliate level
- At least 3 years’ experience in office support or administrative assistant, familiar with global mobility is a plus.
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a multi-national company is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in administration job within pharmaceutical environment will be an advantage
The Executive Assistant is expected to consistently function at the highest level in the following:
- Works independently with little or no guidance from others
- Anticipates challenges, works proactively, and uses Initiative to drive positive outcomes
- Flexibility and agility to learn and shift with moving priorities and align resources accordingly
- Influence and Negotiation skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage small scale Projects/Intiatives based on technical and or business knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment: Ability to understand, work and communicate effectively with different cultures and across multiple time-zones
- Personal maturity and discretion: Ability to handle company confidential information
- Collaboration: ability to work cross-functionally
- Prioritization & delegation: Able to cope with multiple demands and prioritize appropriately
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-4644.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up