Senior Sales Director- Diabetes
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Imagine working in an intellectually stimulating environment for an innovation-based company that makes life better for people around the world. That’s Lilly.
Lilly Australia has been recognised as one of the best places to work at the Australian HR Awards.
Fortune and IDEA Pharma has recognised Lilly as Number 1 in the Pharmaceutical Innovation Index.
For the sixth year in a row, Lilly has been recognised as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.
Diversity Inc has recognised Lilly as number five in Top 50 Companies for diversity.
Lilly currently has one of the strongest mid-to-late stage pipelines in our history, creating greater excitement and bigger and better career opportunities throughout our organization. Join us and develop your career through a variety of powerful learning and growth experiences — and enjoy considerable perks and benefits including a variety of health and wellness programs.
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from, if you want to make life better for people around the world, you belong at Lilly.
At a period of unprecedented growth, this is an exciting opportunity for a sales leader to join, engage and lead a team in an established and expanding therapeutic area, Diabetes. This role is critical in achieving our goal of Leadership in Diabetes Care across Australia & New Zealand. This role will also be critical to our future success as we prepare the Diabetes Sales Force for a world-class launch of a novel dual GIP and GLP-1 receptor agonist for the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Lilly ANZ Diabetes Salesforce, including over 100 GP and Speciality Sales Representatives across Lilly, Contract Sales Organisation (CSO) partners, and will play a key role on the Australian Leadership Team (ALT).
Reporting directly to the President and General Manager of North Asia Pacific Hub for Lilly, the successful candidate will ensure that operational objectives are achieved through execution excellence across the Diabetes portfolio, including management of the incretin portfolio as well as our BI/Lilly Alliance portfolio. In addition to this, they must drive a winning culture, continuously build sales force capabilities, and champion ongoing people development to ensure we hit our Sales Revenue Plan, OPEX budget and ultimately reach more patients.
Travel & Location: The Lilly ANZ team is based across Australia & New Zealand, therefore this role requires some travel. The successful candidate will ideally be based in Sydney, however other locations will be considered based on the candidate.
- Lead the Diabetes sales organization to meet Lilly business objectives through creating value for our payers, providers, and patients.
- Lead customer value strategy: translate company and BU priorities into a strategy that results in industry leading customer value.
- Coach to achieve business results: achieve business results by leveraging strengths and resources to capture local opportunities/mitigate local threats and weaknesses and achieve affiliate objectives.
- Build high performing teams: model and coach regional business/sales managers to develop high performing teams and a performance culture.
- Build leadership capabilities: identify, recruit, select and develop talent with diverse backgrounds and experiences; identify and develop future Lilly leaders.
- Lead a high performing team: capable of cultivating a “winning culture” that is customer focused, accountable, and inspires team performance
- Understand the health of the team and facilitate group interactions that engage and inspire positive performance
- Utilize the performance management process to inspire individual performance
- Partner with sales representatives to create individual development plans based on evaluation of skill strengths, gaps, and development priorities
- Remove barriers that stand in the way of delivering exceptional customer value and service
- Operate with high integrity, comply with Lilly policies and procedures and coaches to ensure understanding of and compliance with all Lilly policies and procedures within your team.
KEY COMPETENCIES & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Proven track record of leading a diverse team of sales or other professionals to exceed expectations.
- Proven ability to attract top talent, develop people with clear examples of progressing career of direct reports and build a winning team culture.
- Excellent cross-functional leadership ability (collaborating across internal functions e.g., marketing, and medical) to ensure outstanding support for our HCP customers.
- Track record of delivering results (achievement of sales goals, share of market, etc.)
- Relevant expertise working in the pharmaceutical industry preferred but is not considered essential. The ability to lead, engage and deliver results through people will be critical.
- Launch experience.
- Tertiary Qualified – Bachelors. Business or Science based qualifications preferred.
Skills & Attributes:
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer (HCP) service levels
- Passion for people development and shared success
- Strong business acumen
- Flexibility and adaptability, Learning agility
- Resilience and Optimism
- Achievement- oriented
- Ability to lead through changing environments (e.g., new customer channels)
- Effective communication, Emotional Intelligence
- Planning and Decision Making
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly Australia and Eli Lilly New Zealand, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company. If you would like to request an exemption on medical or other grounds, you may do so by emailing ANZ_HR@lilly.com
LIFE AT LILLY
We are committed to investing in our employees, through competitive salaries, flexibility, development and training, generous benefits, and the opportunity to make an impact on the world. Learn more at www.lilly.com.au
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-34139.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up