At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The frontline Supervisor (e.g., B5, M1) is responsible for the effective leadership and the direct supervision of frontline staff (i.e., hiring, training, coaching/leading, and developing) on their shift, including integrating the day to day oversight of the process, equipment, facility, and people to safely produce quality product. They are expected to be able to troubleshoot, problem solve, propose solutions, and support implementation of improvements for their areas of responsibility.
Ensuring that day to day work adheres to safety and environmental, procedures, policies and standards.
Working with other frontline Supervisors, Process Teams, and frontline staff to resource activities to ensure compliance with safety, environmental and quality procedures.
Ensuring that day to day work adheres to quality procedures, policies and standards as well as ensuring conformance to GMP and OSSCE expectations.
Execution for implementation of countermeasures associated with audits, observations, inspection findings, and deviations related to operations.
Ensuring that all equipment is maintained and operated within its qualified or validated state.
Root Cause Analysis and Human Error Prevention program trained and demonstrated skills.Ability to oversee operator execution and prevent human errors. Ability to lead investigations for human error / operator execution related issues.
Measuring shift performance and conducting process monitoring, including reviewing and documenting data accurately and timely (e.g., batch production records, analytical methods).
Monitoring shop floor metrics on a regular basis to ensure Operational Excellence in shop floor execution (e.g., Right to Operate metrics).
完全了解生产进度，并将其转化为计划产线活动。参与运营计划。确保生产物料/人员/设备可用于将来的订单。领导开批个gate review。确保现场操作员的班次之间，zero loop之间以及B5之间的良好切换通信。
Complete understanding of the production schedule and translates this to planning shop floor activities. Participate in operations planning. Ensure production material/people/equipment are available for future orders. Leads the start of batch gate review activities. Ensures good handover communication between shifts for operators on the floor, zero loop and between B5s.
Finish Production Ticket/ batch-review timely. Cooperate with QA to solve issues found in ticket review process timely.
Realize operator and shift arrangement plan to ensure that production plan can be performed on time
Ensure that frontline staff are trained, qualified and fit to do their work and that the shift is properly staffed to conduct the operations in a safe and compliant manner.
Facilitate the reliable supply of medicine through conformance to work plans while maintaining the required safety, environmental, and quality standards.
Lead daily meetings, setting priorities, planning process execution, and assigning work.
Follow and ensure adherence to vacation, absence and overtime policies.
Act as a liaison between Process Teams and frontline staff.
Conduct thorough shift changes and ensuring the oncoming shift is aware of issues. Ensuring frontline staff have appropriate learning plans assigned and are qualified to perform assigned job duties in compliance with policies and procedures.
Manage their area housekeeping and maintaining always the area in an inspection ready state including participation in self-inspections (e.g., safety, environmental and quality).
负责操作员的指导，开发和绩效管理。向工艺团队领导提供zero loop人员个人绩效管理方面的反馈。与职能领导者合作，以提高zero loop团队成员的能力。
Responsible for operators’ coaching, development and performance management. Provide feedback an input into performance management process for zero loop personnel. Partners with functional leaders to improve capabilities of zero loop team members.
Work as both operations supervisor and technical instructor, setting a good example through demonstrating abundant shop floor knowledge, compliance with quality systems and use of proper technique.
Establishing and maintaining a culture that all execution activities on the floor, match applicable procedures. Supervisors are responsible for setting this expectation with their frontline staff, monitoring for conformance to the expectation, and taking the necessary action when expectations are not met.
- Conducting periodic verification of procedures as required (e.g., deviation, change controls, periodic reviews, etc.) and ensuring standard operating procedures, batch records and analytical methods reflect best practices.
- Ensuring understanding and strict compliance with established procedures and policies (i.e., safety, environmental, quality, production, human resources, etc.).
- Ensuring participation of frontline staff in Practice Versus Procedure exercises.
- Influencing the decision-making process to achieve optimal and timely resolution of issues.
- Having sufficient technical proficiency of unit operations in order to solve problems and conduct effective investigations (i.e., safety, environmental, quality).
- Implementing corrective and preventative actions and/or tasks associated with deviations, audit findings, etc.
- Being an engaged member of the leadership team and having an appropriate presence on the floor.
- Gathering inputs from their frontline staff.
- Ensuring open lines of communication and clear messaging at all levels.
Provide leadership for direct reports by:
- Holding themselves and their staff accountable to the Lilly values and the Team Lilly expectations.
- Executing performance management, development, coaching and teaching direct reports consistent with the purpose and mission of the site.
- Proposing appropriate rewards and recognitions to reinforce and recognize behaviors that contribute to an Operational Excellence culture and the collective objectives of the manufacturing organization.
- Leading by example and championing company policies to area staff, demonstrating knowledge of procedures and policies and modeling compliance with safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Helping frontline staff understand the critical value of their roles in the day to day delivery of Operational Excellence.
- Allowing frontline staff networking and cross functional teamwork opportunities.
- Participating in and promoting the participation of their frontline staff in the identification, sanctioning and implementation of appropriate continuous improvement initiatives consistent with the mission of the Process Team.
Communicate shop floor issues (i.e., safety, environmental, quality, etc.), status of operations and employee related issues to Process Teams or Process Team Leaders in a timely manner.
Effectively (clearly and accurately) making and communicating decisions to frontline staff and management including communicating the rationale behind decisions made.
Working with other frontline Supervisors, Process Teams, and frontline staff to identify opportunities to reduce and prevent issues from occurring (i.e., appropriate continuous improvement with a focus on competitiveness).
Influencing cross functional teams to use science and data when making decisions.
Leads and coach the cross-functional teams of operations and zero loop personnel supporting shop floor execution. Oversight of resolving issues and ensures escalation with process team.
Participates in process team activities, providing information, guidance and suggestions to drive execution improvement. Monitors process performance through real time process monitoring and monitoring trends to evaluate process performance.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-11177.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up