(Sr.) Project Management Manager
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
JOB TITLE: (Sr.) Project Management Manager
DEPARTMENT: Lilly China Drug Development and Medical Affairs
JOB TITLE SUPERVISOR: TA Accociate Director, Portfolio and Project Management
The purpose of the (Sr.) Project Management Manager (P2/3) role is to have the following overall responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional project teams to facilitate (lead) China project strategies/planning development, implementation and communication. Enable cross-functional results through people by employing project management, influence and communication skills rather than direct or positional authority.
- Drives the implementation, application, and integration of standard project management processes and tools including but not limited to the development, monitoring, and control of integrated scope, timelines, budgets, risk management plans, and communication plans.
- Ensure project strategy/planning and implementation fits in relevant TA portfolio.
Projects may be New Molecule Entities (NMEs) and New Indications/Line Extensions (NILEX) across all development phases.
Work with cross-functional project teams to facilitate (lead) China project strategies/planning development, implementation and communication. Enable cross-functional results through people by employing project management, influence and communication skills rather than direct or positional authority.
- Engages Medical, Regulatory, Marketing / New Product Planning (NPP), Statistics, Clinical, and other functions to develop the molecule / indication strategy (including life cycle plan) for China that aligns with global strategies, China TA portfolio and business strategies.
- Facilitates (leads) the creation and maintenance of a China clinical development plan or subsets of the plan including scope, budget, timeline and risk. Translates the development strategy into operational objectives and monitors performance to the plan.
- Facilitates (leads) delivery of project milestones on time, on budget, within scope, and with quality.
- Facilitates (leads) the delivery of key project deliverables in compliance with China quality standards.
- Facilitates (leads) the project team to meet or exceed overall project goals (completion of clinical studies, New Drug Application (NDA) / device preparation, submission and approval timing, publications, etc.).
- Provides critical evaluation of China submission strategy.
- Facilitates (leads) a cross-functional submission timeline / critical path. Serves as a point person for all functional area deliverables related to the submission.
- Plans and coordinates activities in support of regulatory approvals, regulatory responses, and advisory committees.
- Ensures global colleagues understand China’s unique regulatory and clinical research environment.
- Faciliates (leads) the collaboration effectiveness with Alliance parterners on Alliance projects development activities.
Drives the implementation, application, and integration of standard project management processes and tools including but not limited to the development, monitoring, and control of integrated scope, timelines, budgets, risk management plans, and communication plans.
- Effectively manages cross-functional communications, anticipates and resolves issues, ensures documentation of key team / asset information and decisions, and ensures project management systems are up to date.
- Ensures the strategy and approved scope of a molecule / indication are in alignment and integrated with TA portfolio and aligns with global priorities.
- Leads appropriate change management processes for the team, reviews/adjusts on a regular basis/after governance visits. Ensures required approvals for China molecule/indication plan are obtained and integrated into global development plan.
- Leads timeline builds for assigned molecule / indication (and potentially other assets in the portfolio).
- Develops, maintains and communicates up-to-date project timelines (using ProChain or Microsoft Project), drive team action when there is potential timeline delay.
- Drives project meetings or other appropriate forums to manage prospectively upcoming team-related activities, key milestones, and decisions; proactively identifies updates to project schedule; initiates project schedule updates on a regular basis and revises schedule as appropriate.
- Provides the team with an understanding of the cost of development options.
- Develops and manages the overall budget in partnership with financial, functions, and geographies.
- Drives the re-forecast of grant and non-grant expenses with CTPM and China Operations Team when necessary.
- Holds risk owners accountable, facilitates (leads) and communicates the identification, assessment, and prioritization of project risks including identification of risk triggers and mitigation / contingency plans.
- Plans, develops, and implements a team communication plan to ensure alignment with molecule / indication strategy.
- Influences and works with quality mindset across project team by documenting key decisions, actions, and key modifications in scope, resources and timeline; ensures accurate collection and communication of metrics; may ensure, when appropriate, the archival of all relevant project information at the termination of a project and as appropriate throughout the project.
- Effectively manages cross-functional communications, and anticipates and resolves issues with the team.
- Seeks opportunities to capture and share learnings cross functionally and across geographies.
- Identifies and brings forth areas for continual process improvement to team and function; identifies methods to decrease drug development cycle.
Ensure project strategy/planning and implementation fits in relevant TA portfolio.
- Support TA Associate Director, Portfolio Management to deliver accurate and robust TA portfolio information to key stakeholders, including leading the preparation and presentation in China TA scorecard, Semi-Annual Portfolio Review, China TA strategy Review, China Business Plan and Strategy plan, Sr. leadership TA portfolio review etc.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a scientific or health-related field.
- More than 6 (8) year’s experience directly related to clinical development or relevant drug development experience with a strong knowledge of regulations and guidelines.
- Must understand drug development processes and the interdependencies of various tasks that require coordination among teams, functional groups, and regions.
- Ability to work across functional and geographic boundaries to develop strategies and plans, and deliver results.
- Self-management and organizational skills; able to manage workload by setting personal and team priorities and adjusts as needed.
- Effective interpersonal and team building skills; proven ability to develop effective teams with diverse interpersonal styles;
- Able to anticipate change，show flexibility, adjust quickly and effectively to frequent changes and altered priorities.
- Problem-solving skills: able to anticipate and recognize systemic problems, diagnose root causes, and take corrective actions to prevent recurrence within the team.
- Communication skills: able to communicate clearly and succinctly with different audiences including team members and leadership.
- Ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Practical experience as a project manager on a cross-functional project.
- Fluent Spoken and written English skills.
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Advanced degree (Master, Doctorate, etc.)
- Higher degrees or certifications (e.g. MS., MBA, Masters in Project Management or PMP).
- Experience working in big pharms, working with Clinical Research Organization (CROs) and / or third parties.
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) and ProChain Scheduler / Enterprise.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong learning agility.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-12890.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up