Sr. Medical Director
Role and responsibility of the Sr. Medical Director is to lead Lilly China Specific Therapeutical Area in drug development and medical affairs, and to ensure all related activities following the principles of medical research.
- Provide accountability for oversight and strategic direction for the specific therapeutical area medical function.
- Be leadership member of Lilly China Drug Development and Medical Affairs center, support the organization to achieve LCDDMAC vision and mission.
- Build technical and administrative leadership capabilities in supervised functions to enable efficient and effective drug development in China.
- Create vision and develop a strong management team to achieve sustainable results
- Hire, develop and retain physicians, medical liason and medical launch PM team.
- Responsible for developing and implementing China clinical plan, including local and regional studies and publications
- Provide leadership and support to foster very collaborations between key customers (regulatory, clinical operations, marketing, corporate affairs, and the specific business unit).
- Liaise with the Global development and medical affairs leader on portfolio strategy and medical affairs priorities.
- Alignment of global and local resources to support development projects including integration of processes to maximize efficiency of global and Chinese resources
- Liaise with the Clinical Development Organization to design and implement clinical trials in China
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the massive body of medical related to company and competitors to use that information to develop medical programs and clinical study program for the product
- Approval of promotional materials. Provide professional recommendation/consultant service
- Ensure external interaction targets met, retain and build relationships across Lilly therapeutic areas and remain active in external associations and visible at educational events.
- Managing the discussion with Key Thought Leaders, develop and maintain the relationships with key medical academic and industry experts.
Basic QualificationsPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong people coaching and development skills
- It is essential to have at least 10 years experience in pharmaceutical industry in clinical development and/or medical-marketing experience of people management;
- Excellent language skills in both English and Chinese.
- Business accumen: Keeps up to date with market changes and competitor activity. Understands the needs of a range of customers such as medics, markets, sales people and patients. Thinks in terms of how to add value to a brand and how to identify commercial benefits to suggested action.
- Influencing and Communication: Gets points across effectively. Gets people to do things and communicates complex or unpopular issues clearly.
- Build relationship: Creates good impressions with people and proactively builds a network of key contacts (internal and external). Knows who is important and has good relationship with those people. Builds trust quickly, listen to other’s points and can talk easily to people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Technical Knowledge: Has an expert knowledge of their own technical/scientific area and keeps it up to date. Understands the regulatory environments in different settings and also the drug development process. Understands marketing and promotional codes of practice.
- Experience in people leadership and administration
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and manage cross-cultural work environments
- Applied knowledge of drug development regulations and processes
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- MD, PhD degree
- More than 3 years of academic experience post-education
- Greater than 10 years of pharmaceutical company experience
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Travel or shift requirements: must be able to travel internationally on a routine basis and be willing to be available for evening and weekend meetings as dictated by international and national needs
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written: must be fluent in Mandarin and English
- Strong knowledge of quality systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage large global organizations
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55676.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up