(Sr) Clinical Laboratory Operations Officer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The purpose of the Sr. Officer, Clinical Laboratory Operations role is to serve a pivotal role in clinical trial initiation and execution, and to provide technical， process and logistic support as it relates to management of laboratory，ECG， imaging，storage，DNA banking，IHC，and other diagnostic support for clinical trials world-wide. The CLO Sr. Officer coordinates vendor activities for assigned trials as well as facilitating research relating to laboratory, ECG, imaging, storage, DNA banking, IHC, and other diagnostic issues that arise during clinical trials. The CLO Sr. Officer also partners with CPM, medical staff and other functions to provide input to protocol development/design, develop and implement the integrated trial laboratory plans and the review and monitoring of resultant data, ultimately providing high quality，combinable data in a cost effective and timely fashion.
The CLO Sr. Officer roles maybe divided into study team support directly working with compounds and clinical studies or a combination of study work and subject matter expert responsibilities ensuring departmental inclusion in cross-functional initiatives and operations.
The CLO Sr. Officer located in China works closely with CLO Teams to support China registration studies in partnership with other affiliate staff. This role also works within the CLO Teams to implement processes and develop ThirdParty relationships to support the growing portfolio.
- Assist medical staff in protocol development
- Provide complete laboratory, ECG, imaging, sample banking, storage and other diagnostic support as listed above for assigned compound(s).
- Provide expertise and consultation relating to laboratory，ECG，imaging，sample banking，storage and other diagnostic biomarkers，including assay development and validation.
- Provide technical and logistical consultation regarding laboratory，ECG，imaging， sample banking，storage and other diagnostic biomarker issues and services.
- Prepare the integrated laboratory plan for the trial incorporating feedback from other functions. Ensure feasibility and accurate costing of this plan and provide to CPM.
- Partner with the Sourcing organization to ensure outsourced work is correctly specified to vendors.
- Contribute to vendor oversight process
- Monitor for data errors and vendor transmission issues
- May participate in training (Affiliate, Investigator, Study Coordinators, CRO, etc.) regarding laboratory, ECG, imaging, sample banking, storage and other diagnostic services.
- Maintain open lines of communication with management, customers，and vendors to relay critical issues and improve trial level processes related to CLO deliverables.
- Provide metrics as requested
- Ensure customers understand CLO roles and responsibilities.
2. Process Application and Improvement
- Participate in functional and cross-functional process improvement initiatives
- Work to improve existing processes and to implement new processes in an efficient manner.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental, Medical Quality System(MQS) and Lilly Research Laboratory(LRL) training requirements.
- Participate fully in performance management process
- Drive the collaboration with CLO Teams to ensure the growing of China portfolio independently.
- Proactively lead the communication with CLO Teams in the exploration of local Third Party and provide inputs based on local needs and expectation.
- Assist in China strategy discussion based on technical expertise and understanding of local reality of diagnostic support.
- Requires comprehensive business and technical knowledge/experience to improve products, processes, and services.
- Makes decisions that impact a range of standard and non- standard operational， process, project, or service activities.
- Serves as a key resource within a business area or discipline.
- Gains support for ideas or positions on difficult issues.
- Anticipates and resolves complex problems
- Drives solutions for products, processes, and services across a large business area.
- May lead medium-scale projects or programs with moderate risks and resource/financial requirements.
- May manage budgets for medium-size projects or programs
- Establishes key relationships with those outside of business area
- Identifies internal and external customer requirements and develops solutions to meet customers' needs
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific/life science field and around 5 year relevant working experience.
Other Information/Additional Preferences：
- Knowledge of clinical drug development
- Strong self-management skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Conceptual understanding of information technology
- Strong organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects with multiple parties at one time
- Medical technology knowledge and experience is preferred
- Clinical trial experience preferred
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-12205.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up