Scientific Communication Specialist (Manager)
1: Document Preparation / Document Management (40-60%)
• Planning, writing, editing, reviewing and coordinating the publication of scientific data through peer-reviewed journals and forums and/or regulatory documents in partnership with other team members.
• Facilitate trial development and product registration.
• Ensures and coordinates quality checks for accuracy, collates reviewer's comments, adjusts content of document as required based on internal/external input, and prepares final version.
• Exhibits flexibility in moving across development and preparation of multiple document types.
• Works with teams to ensure smooth and timely development of documents.
• Influence or negotiate change of timelines and content with other team members.
• Effectively collect and evaluate information from multiple sources.
2: External Provider Management (20%)
• Build / manage relationships with vendors / alliance partners.
• Provides oversight on individual deliverables, including timeline management, delivery of feedback and issue management.
3: Knowledge and Skills Development (10%)
• Maintains and enhances therapeutic area knowledge including, disease state and compound for assigned project.
• Exhibits willingness to move across therapeutic areas and compounds, depending on project assignment, etc.
• Maintains and enhances knowledge of regulatory guidelines and publication guidelines.
• Possesses overarching view of compound, therapeutic area, and external environment (including competitors) with ability to lead the scientific disclosure planning, clinical planning, submission strategy planning, customer regulatory responses, and/or current awareness literature updates and reviews.
4: Knowledge Sharing and Consultant Support (5%)
• Provide informal coaching to others by sharing technical information, giving guidance, and answering questions.
• Recognized for technical expertise in specific document development.
• Networks with others to identify and share best practices globally.
• Contributes to process improvements, suggesting opportunities where appropriate.
• Provide Datavision, Leo and other tool expertise to regional colleagues as needed
5: Customer Focus (5%)
• Works with internal and external speakers to develop and prepare presentations.
• Engages in activities supporting reward and recognition, teambuilding, and diversity.
• Supports cross-functional coaching, mentoring, and training.
6: Scientific Disclosure Planning (~20%)
• Leads publication planning meetings.
• Coordinates the approval and submission of publications in consultation with Medical and Legal as appropriate.
• Participates in the development of proposals for scientific disclosures with subject matter experts (e.g., Clinical Research Physicians, External Thought Leaders, etc.).
• Ensures appropriate venue and timing of publications (i.e., abstracts, posters, primary papers, etc.) through participation in Scientific Disclosure meetings; with experience, facilitates development of scientific disclosure plans (via local Medical Planning processes where appropriate), generates publication proposals, and negotiates scientific disclosure priorities.
• Enhances external awareness of functional roles and responsibilities, and Scientific Disclosure process.
The purpose of the Scientific Communication Manager (China) is to provide accurate and timely data to patients, regulators, providers and payers. It is the cornerstone of Lilly's Principles of Medical Research, the Lilly Brand.
The Scientific Communications Associate works with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to facilitate external scientific publications (including and not limited to, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and presentations), and/or regulatory documents (including, but not limited to, protocols, clinical study reports, briefing documents, regulatory responses, and marketing authorization applications).
The responsibilities listed below outline the scope of the position. The percentages assigned to each of the responsibilities are estimates only, and may vary based on business need.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• At least 2-3 years experience in drug development.
• Demonstrated mastery of written English and/or local languages with experience in medical, scientific or technical writing fields (at least 1 year); professional verbal skills in English and/or local languages.
• Cognitive abilities including; verbal reasoning, attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical ability.
• Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible in varying environments and with multiple customer groups.
• Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentation and templates).
• Ability to work well across cultures and time zones.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 53947.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up