Research Scientific Associate Director
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Opportunity scouting: Apply sound scientific and business judgment, Identify, and create partnership opportunities on in-licensing, out-licensing and academic collaboration that leverages China’s external innovation to meet LRL pipeline needs.
- Project execution: Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive and execute inlicensing&outlicensing projects, including but not limited to applying strong scientific insights to evaluate scientific merits of each project, due diligence management and negotiations with partners, work together with internal/external partners to inform the strategy for transaction, streamline the deal making process. Maintain a network of both internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and long-term trustworthy relationship.
- Alliance management: Lead the alliance management from China and build and maintain strong relationship between Lilly and China partners; Streamline tech transfer and material transfer, monitor project progress and communicate on key events/milestones with LRL stakeholders&partners.
- Research Collaboration: Scout for emerging technology platform, evaluate the novelty and scientific merits, and map out the pathway forward for collaboration project; Lead the collaboration research project independently from Lilly side; work hand-by-hand with external partners/LRL stakeholders and see thru projects towards key decision-making points.
- Landscaping: Help build and update the landscape view on China innovation as well as in-depth understanding about Lilly internal portfolio needs.
- Ph.D. in Biology or Chemistry; or MD/ Ph.D.
- 8+ years of hands-on drug discovery and development experience
- Experience of leading R&D project in MNCs, and strong track record in research and/or external innovation
- Good understanding about China innovation landscape
- Fluent Mandarin and English for verbal and written communications
- High learning agility & curiosity
- Entrepreneurial, optimistic, self-motivating
- Collaborative & “can-do” attitude
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-26252.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up