Clinical Project Statistician
The Clinical Project Statistician develops or assists in thedevelopment of protocol designs, clinical plans, and data analysis plans incollaboration with physicians and/or medical colleagues. The Clinical ProjectStatistician is responsible for working with research associates and scientiststo establish a reporting database and for analyzing data for these types ofstudies.
The job tasks listed below outline the scope of the position.The application of these tasks may vary, based upon current business needs.
Statistical Trial Design and Analysis
· Operate incollaboration with study personnel to provide input on study protocol, designstudies and write protocols for the conduct of each study.
· Assist inor be accountable for selecting statistical methods for data analysis,authoring the corresponding sections of the protocol, and conducting the actualanalysis once a reporting database is created.
· Collaborate with data managementin the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
· Maintaincurrency with respect to statistical methodology, to maintain proficiency inapplying new and varied methods, and to be competent in justifying methodsselected.
· Participate in peer-review workproducts from other statistical colleagues.
Communication of Results and Inferences
· Collaborate with team members towrite reports and communicate results.
· Assistwith, or be responsible for, communicating study results via regulatorysubmissions, manuscripts, or oral presentations in group settings, as well asfor communicating one-on-one with key customers and presenting at scientificmeetings.
· Respond to regulatory queries andto interact with regulators.
Therapeutic Area Knowledge
· Understanddisease states in order to enhance the level of customer focus andcollaboration and be seen as a strong scientific contributor.
· Performwork in full compliance with assigned curriculum(s) and will be responsible forfollowing applicable Corporate, Medical, local, and departmental policies,procedures, processes, and training55663BR
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- M.S., Ph.D., or equivalent experience
- Statistics, Biostatistics, or equivalent of field study
Other Information/Additional Preferences:· Proficient in the SAS programming language
· Interpersonal communication skills for effective customer consultation
· Teamwork and leadership skills
· Technical growth and application with working knowledge of experimental design and statistics
· Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
· Resource management skills
· Creativity and innovation
· Demonstrated problem solving ability and strategic thinking
· Business process expertise associated with critical activities (e.g. regulatory submissions)
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55663.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up