At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Statistician-Computation assists during the development of data analysis plans in collaboration with statistical colleagues, physicians, and/or medical colleagues. The Statistician-Computation is responsible for establishing a reporting database and for analyzing clinical trial data by working with clinical research associates/clinical development associates and project statisticians.
The job tasks listed below outline the scope of the position. The application of these tasks may vary, based upon current business needs.
Statistical Trial Analysis
- Collaborate with other statistical colleagues and study personnel to provide input to statistical analysis plans.
- Assist in and/or be accountable for selecting statistical methods for data analysis, authoring the corresponding sections of the data analysis plan, and conducting the actual analysis once a reporting database is created.
- Collaborate with data management in the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
- Maintain proficiency with respect to SAS programming and statistical methodology and in applying new and varied methods.
- Effectively justify methods selected and implement previously outlined analysis plans.
- Conduct peer-review of work products from statistical colleagues.
- Effectively utilize current technologies and available tools for conducting the clinical trial analysis.
Communication of Results and Inferences
- Collaborate with other statistical colleagues to write reports and communicate results.
- Responsible for assisting in the communication of study results via regulatory submissions, and manuscripts, as well as for communicating one-on-one with key customers.
- Assist or respond to regulatory queries working in collaboration with other statistical colleagues.
Therapeutic Area and Systems Knowledge
- Understand relevant disease states in order to enhance the level of customer focus and collaboration.
- Ensure replication of tools and systems, where applicable and stay informed of technology advances.
- Perform work in full compliance with assigned curriculum(s) and will be responsible for following applicable Corporate, Medical, local, and departmental policies, procedures, processes and training.
- B.S, M.S, or equivalent experience
- Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, or equivalent of field study
- At least 2-5 years clinical trial working experience
- Proficiency in the SAS programming language
- R programming language is a plus
- CDISC standard working experience is plus for P1 and required for P2
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effectiveness interactions
- Technical growth and application with working knowledge of statistics and statistical software
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of completing deliverables
- Creativity and innovation
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to details
- Data analysis, technology, and system expertise
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-7725.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up