Sr. IT Manager, Business Integration
Shanghai MunicipalityNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
This position is to solve business problems and improve business processes by identifying and ensuring the most appropriate solutions are deployed, including:
• Manages the application of IT principles, architecture, and technology in a tactical way that is business driven.
• Focuses on business processes and translating requirements into systems work
• Develops in-depth business knowledge and strong relationships with business partners
• Assists to work at a long-term, strategic level with business partners
This position also exists to help enable business effectiveness by identifying opportunities in or across business areas for leveraging technology, process, or information, focusing on strategic work that is future oriented and impacts both mid-term and long-term business direction, including:
• Influences the portfolio of IT projects the business chooses to execute
• Serves as liaison between the business and various IT players across value cycles and work areas
• Influences evolution of internal IT standards, adoption of new technologies, and process changes
In addition, this position is expected to define/integrate/manage business consultation/Analysis type of project activity in an effort to achieve a defined set of goals of objectives.
Understanding Lilly and the pharma industry, how we operate, and our business dynamics make Lilly employees more critical as a resource. This business understanding combined with applied technical knowledge and ability contribute to building capabilities unique to Lilly. That’s the competitive advantage that Lilly employees bring.
1. Business Analyst
• Understands the goals, objectives and business strategy of the assigned business area
• Engages with the business and proactively seeks opportunities for IT to deliver business value
• Authors business cases which document alternatives and cost/benefit analysis
• Analyzes existing business processes and participates in reengineering efforts
• Uses systematic and documented approaches, investigates business requirements, work with Solution Evaluation team to identify and analyzes multiple solution alternatives and proposes one alternative based on comparative cost benefit analysis
• Understands business requirements and effectively work with related IT teams (Solution Delivery, COE etc) to translate business needs and process into technical terms, and vice versa
• Manage communication with business resources, sponsors, steering committee and governance councils to initiate the project appropriately
• Analyzes new requirements and creates the proposal to make changes to an existing service
• Participates in design reviews to ensure traceability of requirements
• Provides business process subject-matter expertise to technical resources
• Participates in assessing end users’ training needs and contributes to the development of the OCM plan
• Ensures appropriate business roles are engaged in solution execution
• Measures the value /success of the final solution as proposed in the business case
• Possesses general awareness and knowledge of regulatory, legal, or quality requirements (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, privacy regulations, GxP) impacting the business area, and ensures solution requirements include appropriate points
• Defines user acceptance criteria for system deployment and supports client acceptance testing
• Ensures that incident, problem, configuration, and change/release management are all done with alignment and understanding of business need
• Negotiates clear service levels for IT services based on business requirements
2. Business Consultant
• Builds relationships with business areas by using strategic account management skills: research, listening, effective communication, and presentation
• Influences business areas’ understanding of their own business processes, identifies new opportunities, challenges the status quo, and helps develop recommendations for using IT to improve business process productivity
• Partners with IT leaders to assess current and desired levels of accounts
• Serves as account manager, including identifying and prioritizing value-oriented opportunities
• Identifies, quantifies, and verbalizes the business value created from the investments made in IT products and services
• Leverages and integrates external best practices and approaches in recommendations and solutions, as appropriate
• Leverages knowledge of the business, IT portfolio, and architectural standards to provide input to the business area’s IT strategy and plan
• Serves as key participant in managing the IT portfolio for the business area (e.g. technology, applications, services)
• Translates business strategy and plans into future service delivery needs
• Scans the business environment to identify how others in pharma IT are dealing with changing regulatory, legal, or quality requirements
3. Project Manager (Business Consultant/Analysis Type of Projects)
• Is accountable for creation and maintenance of a project charter
• Builds and maintains a plan to achieve the project goals
• Requests work estimates based on effort instead of duration and communicates the importance of not including "buffer" in work estimates
• Is accountable for analysis and communication of project status and issue management
• Influences adjustments to project schedule, budget, resources, and activities
IT Knowledge Areas
Portfolio & Fin Mgmt-M
Info Security Rist-H
Construction & SCM-B
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 53668.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up