Process Automation Engineer
Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We are seeking a Process Automation Engineer who shares our passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The PA Engineer is responsible for establishing and maintaining reliable operation and qualified state of the equipment and relevant business processes in the area that they support. Ensure that equipment is in-control, compliant, and capable of meeting customer needs, while also driving associated continuous improvement efforts. The Engineer engages with the cross-functional support team as an equipment subject matter expert to ensure the business meets safety, quality and productivity goals.
The candidate will work with cross functional team and will provide Automation, Process Controls and Data Analysis expertise.
- Maintain the validated state of the site control systems in line with Lilly quality standards including the development and execution of validation strategies and associated documentation
- Carries out lead investigator / executor activities
- Provide day to day operation's support related to the site’s control systems. This includes working with operation's personnel to trouble shoot issues, making changes to the control systems in line with site change control procedures and site standards, responding to system events and performing routine computer system maintenance checks
- Implement and support electronic systems (such as plant historians) used to capture process automation related production data
- Design, specification and coding of control systems, primarily the sites DCS systems
- Testing of automation system functionality
- Project Management of automation projects
- Automation support for capital projects including new product introductions, facility and automation system recapitalization and facility expansions
- Collaborates to respect the production plan
- Interacting with external parties (e.g. vendors)
- All manufacturing functions
- Others PA members and MI&CS group
- M.S. in Engineering (Automation, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering or similar)
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication and interpersonal interaction skills to be able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Strong self-management and organizational skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong knowledge of coding Distributed Control Systems and Programmable Logic Controller
- Possess a keen technical curiosity and has demonstrated strong problem solving skills and a desire for continuous improvement
- Previous experience in process automation engineering, preferably supporting a manufacturing site
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-1898.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up