Pain Medical Affairs Professional - fixed term contract
Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Medical Affairs Professional is a therapeutically aligned clinical scientist who will play a key role within the medical affairs organization. Directly reporting to the Sr Director Medical Pain Italy Hub, the primary focus of the Medical Affairs Professional is to use the individual’s knowledge of specific disease states, available treatments, and investigational compounds to help deliver strategic/tactical thinking and lifecycle planning in partnership with the Brand Team. Additionally, the Medical Affairs Professional may act as an interface between Lilly and Thought Leaders to provide advanced disease state data and to exchange scientific and clinical information.
Brand Team Support
- Serve as a key medical point of contact for the brand team:
- Contribute clinical, scientific, and strategic input to support the cross functional team
- Medical launch support
- Contribute to the development of local brand plans & medical strategies
- By offering scientific and creative input, contribute to the development (local materials) and/or review (global/regional materials) of promotional materials for the brand teams.
- Effectively communicate and transfer knowledge of the therapeutic available solutions environment, the clinical landscape and relevant medical and scientific information
- Oversee the medical component of local Patient Support Programs and /or own overall responsibility of local Patient support programs.
- Support the medical training needs of internal business partners such as sales and marketing
- Oversee the collation and analysis of customer information to drive understanding and insights
- Support the planning & implementation of symposia, advisory boards, scientific exchange, and educational meetings/events with HEALTH CARE PROVIDER’s
- Provide recommendations for Thought Leaders’ and other external parties to serve as consultants, faculty
- Effectively collaborate with alliance partners
Customer Support & Experience
- Respond to external customer questions and needs, including escalations by Med Info & sales in accordance with company-wide requirements for responding to unsolicited requests for information
- The local coordination of activities and engagement of Thought Leaders
- Speaker training
- Develop and maintain collaborations and relationships with relevant professional societies
- Deliver scientific, educational, and promotional presentations internally and to customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive improvement in customer engagement through Digital innovation
- Take a leadership role in Medical to deliver positive customer experiences
Scientific Expertise and Medical Affairs Delivery
- Develop and/or contribute to the affiliate / therapeutic area medical plan and strategies
- Support data analysis and the development of slide sets and publications (abstracts, posters, manuscripts)
- Partner with other existing medical affairs roles to achieve a seamless medical team aimed at delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Medical letter creation (local) and review (regional or global) in collaboration with Med Info
- Support Scientific Data Disclosure
- May serve as the affiliate medical/scientific leader including research and regulatory deliverables
- Critically read and evaluate relevant medical literature to be current in the TA
- Keep up to date with medical and other scientific developments relevant to the product or portfolio
- Be aware of current trends, issues and projections for clinical practice and access
- Advanced degree in health sciences
- English proficiency (B2/C1)
- Short experience in Medical Affairs
- Knowledge of therapeutic area is a nice to have
- Willingness to come to the office in Sesto Fiorentino Campus at least 3 days per week
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, teamwork, project management and presentation skills
- Commercial/business acumen and contribution
- Ability to ‘translate’ scientific data into meaningful, clear, and compliant content for customer communications and engagement
- Ability to effectively partner across multiple functions
- Ability to manage and prioritize broad deliverables of a complex nature
Contract offered: 12 months with external agency
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-34741.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up