Immunology Medical Advisor
Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Through the application of scientific and medical training, clinical expertise, and relevant clinical experience, the Business Unit- Medical Affairs Clinical Research Physician (CRP) is an integral member of the medical affairs, development or a business unit brand team for strategic planning in the support of launch and commercialization activities to meet patients' needs and ultimately enhance the customers' experience in interacting with the company. The definition of "customer" here includes patients, providers (HCPs) and payers. The CRP may also work closely with global Development teams, Therapeutic Area Program Phase, Early Phase/ Clinical Pharmacology, and Translational Medicine teams in new product development activities over the entire spectrum of drug development and clinical trial phases.
POSITION MAIN RESPONSABILITIES:
The primary responsibility of the Business Unit - Medical Affairs CRP is to provide expert medical support to all aspects of the local business, to ultimately enhance the customers' experience in interacting with the company.
The core job responsibilities include:
- Business/customer support
- Understand and anticipate the scientific information needs of all local/regional customers.
- Actively address customer questions in a timely fashion by leading data analyses and new clinical or health outcomes research efforts.
- Contribute to the development of medical strategies to support brand commercialization activities by working closely with the global Medical Affairs and brand teams, Global Patient Outcomes/Real World Evidence and global PRA, clinical management or personnel and other cross-functional management during the development of the local business plan.
- Contribute as a scientific and medical expert to activities and deliverables of the PRA organization, in particular giving clinical input and insight to develop payer partnership programs and defend the product value.
- Support business-to-business and business-to-government activities as medical expert.
- Contribute actively on an ongoing basis to the strategic planning for currently marketed brands.
- By offering scientific and creative input, contribute to the development, review, and approval of promotional materials for the brand team.
- Support training of sales representatives, and other medical representatives.
- Become familiar with market archetypes and potential influence on the medical interventions for the product.
- Take a leadership role in defining the Patient Journey and corresponding Moments of Truth based on his/her medical knowledge. Become patient advocate, as well as a medical expert.
- Understand and apply knowledge of customer insights to all customer-related activities.
- Provide medical insight and training to patient support programs (for example, Diabetes Nurse Educators Service).
- Participate in local or national trade associations, as appropriate.
- Scientific Data Dissemination/Exchange
- Knowledge of and compliance with local laws and regulations, and global policies and procedures, compliance guidelines with respect to data dissemination and interactions with external health care professionals.
- Understand and actively address the unsolicited scientific information needs of external health care professionals according to guidelines above.
- Support the planning of symposia, advisory board meetings, and and/or the facilitation of other meetings with health care professionals.
- Support medical information associates in preparation and review of medical letters and other medical information materials.
- Support training of local medical personnel, including medical and/or outcome liaisons and health outcomes staff.
- Prepare or review scientific information in response to customer questions or media requests.
- Provide follow-up to information requested by health care professionals as per global SOPs.
- Support data analysis and the development of slide sets (through reviewing and/or approving) and publications (abstracts, posters, manuscripts).
- Establish and maintain appropriate collaborations and relationships with external scientific experts, thought leaders, and the general medical community on a local, national, regional, and possibly international basis.
- Develop and maintain appropriate collaborations and relationships with relevant professional societies.
- Support the design of customer research as medical expert.
- Provide congress support (for example, availability to answer questions at exhibits, provide oral and poster presentations, staff medical booth, meet thought leaders, and participate in customer events).
- Participate in data analyses, development of scientific data dissemination, and preparation of final reports and publications.
- Participate in reporting of clinical trial data in Clinical Trial Registry activities.
- Clinical Planning
- Communicate and collaborate with Director-Medical and Business Unit Team Physician/Regional Medical Leader as needed to ensure life cycle plans for drugs in development address customer needs or communicate and collaborate such needs as delegated by Director-Medical and Business Unit Team Physician/Regional Medical Leader, as needed, global Medical Affairs and Development teams, Global Patient Outcomes/Real World Experience, PRA, Therapeutic Area Program Phase, and Early Phase /EPM/Translational Medicine teams.
- Communicate local/regional research needs and collaborate with other regions and the global Development and Medical Affairs teams, Global Patient Outcomes/Real World Experience, and PRA teams to ensure Phase 3, 3b, and 4 (and Phase I and II where applicable) clinical programs meet the needs of local/regional customers (for example, through global medical planning processes).
- Understand and keep updated with the pre-clinical and clinical data relevant to the molecule.
- Represent the clinical needs of the country/region to the business unit medical leadership in the development of clinical strategies, development plans and study protocol design.
- Clinical Research/Trial Execution and Support:
- Review and approve local informed consent documents and risk profiles to ensure appropriate communication of risk to study subjects.
- Collaborate with clinical research staff in the design, conduct and reporting of local clinical trials (for example, sample size, patient commitment, timelines, grants, and governance review interactions).
- Collaborate with Clinical Research Scientists (CRSs), regional clinical operations staff, statisticians, health outcomes, research scientists and selected investigators in the development of protocols and data collection requirements.
- Participate in investigator identification and selection, in conjunction with clinical teams.
- Ensure that the clinical operations team has documented the completion of administrative requirements for study initiation and conduct (i.e., ethical review board, informed consent, regulatory approval/notification) consistent with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) and local laws and requirements.
- Assist in the planning process and participate in study start-up meetings and other activities to provide the appropriate scientific training and information to investigators and site personnel.
- Serve as resource to clinical research site monitors, investigators and ethical review boards to address any questions or clarify issues arising during the conduct of study.
- Review IIT proposals and publications, as requested Contribute to global alignment of Phase 3b/4 clinical studies (and Phase I and II studies where applicable) planned by country (ies) or global Development team.
- Understand and actively address the scientific information needs of all investigators and personnel.
- Monitor patient safety during the conduct of studies and conduct the appropriate tracking and follow-up of adverse events, in alignment with corporate patient safety policies and procedures.
- Regulatory Support Activities
- Participate in development and review of local labeling and labeling modifications in collaboration with global Development, brand teams, regulatory, and legal. Demonstrate deep knowledge of local label.
- Provide medical expertise to regulatory scientists.
- Support/ assist in the preparation of regulatory reports, preparation for regulatory agency advisory committee hearings and label discussions, local registration efforts, and communication and resolution of regulatory issues, including regulatory response, from an affiliate/country perspective.
- Participate in advisory committees.
- Participate in risk management planning along with global Development team(s), business unit, local area, and Global Patient Safety (GPS).
- Scientific/Technical Expertise and continued development
- Be aware of current trends and projections for clinical practice and access in the therapeutic area(s) relevant to the product, both near term (1-2 years) and longer-term (3-5 years).
- Critically read and evaluate the relevant medical literature; know the status and data from competitive products; and keep updated with medical and other scientific developments relevant to the product.
- Responsible for the scientific training of the clinical study team.
- Acts as scientific consultant and protocol expert for clinical study team members and others in medical.
- Explore and take advantage of opportunities for extramural scientific experiences.
- Attend, contribute, and participate in medical congresses/scientific symposia.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Medical Doctor
- Immunology Background
- Previous experience in a Pharma company
- Demonstrated ability to balance scientific priorities with business priorities
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others (both cross-functionally and within the function) in order to create a positive working environment.
- Ability to engage in domestic and international travel to the degree appropriate to support the business of the team.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written communication.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-11900.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up