Diagnostic Clinical Scientist
Sesto Fiorentino, Tuscany
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position: Diagnostics Clinical Scientist
Reporting to: International Diagnostic Leader, Medical Affairs
Location: Field Based
Position Summary: The Diagnostics Clinical Scientist (DCS) is responsible for the identification and engagement of targeted groups of regional thought leaders within the pathology, laboratory, and oncology communities with specific responsibility for providing consistent delivery of educational and compliant scientific information surrounding clinical/scientific aspects of cancer diagnosis and biomarker/genomic testing.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Identify and develop relationships with clinical/community/academic thought leaders on a local and regional level.
- Serve as Lilly Oncology’s scientific representative to the Pathology, Diagnostic and Medical communities and facilitate the appropriate exchange of scientific information.
- Utilize approved resources to address inquiries, ensuring they are in compliance with all guidelines and regulations.
- Communicate diagnostic and therapeutic market trends which may impact biomarker/genomic testing.
- Participate and support advisory boards and steering committees.
- Lead and/or participate on committee/project teams which support Diagnostic strategies as delegated by the diagnostic leader when applicable.
- Attend identified relevant national/regional/local education meetings and conferences, maximizing opportunities at these events.
- Develop and implement educational speaker programs for the pathology/lab audience.
- Educate on high quality comprehensive testing for relevant biomarkers in precision oncology and make ties to Lilly pipeline assets.
Required Qualifications and Background:
- Advanced doctoral degree strongly preferred (e.g. PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD). Candidates with a diagnostic laboratory and or clinical pathology background (e.g. MSN, PA) and hematology/oncology experience will also be considered.
- 0-3+years’ costumer facing experience in Oncology or Oncology Diagnostics required
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with influential thought leaders.
- Product launch experience a plus; Laboratory or Clinical Diagnostics experience beneficial.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in dynamic settings with short timelines.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and applications.
Physical Demands/ Travel:
Please note this role will require up to 60% travel, primarily within assigned region but also nationally and globally as required.
This position’s work environment is remote based, with significant travel on a regional basis to various sites.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-1747.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up