Seoul, South Korea
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Medical Science Liaison Manager is responsible for effective and compliant implementation of the Medical Science Liaison program within one or more assigned therapeutic areas and has direct supervisory responsibility for a team of field-based Medical Science Liaisons who represent a specific regional area, therapeutic area component, or other segment of the overall Medical Science Liaison program. The Medical Science Liaison Manager is responsible for managing the performance and development of the members of their team, overseeing the compliance, quality and effectiveness of field operations, and implementing strategic plans to optimize the team's performance. The Medical Science Liaison Manager is also responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication and partnerships with field medical and internal colleagues in order to leverage the team's expertise to appropriately support strategic objectives and initiatives.
In addition to this team managing role, the position also has a role as MSL for a certain product.
Effective People Management & Development
The Medical Science Liaison Manager:
- Has supervisory responsibility for their direct reports, including administration of performance management and individual development plans.
- Develops and strengthens the skills of direct reports through frequent interactions and coaching in field settings and other contexts. Regularly scheduled one-on-one discussions and field visits with individuals are expected.
- Oversees the development and implementation of required training for new and experienced personnel, reflecting scientific content, the skills necessary for successful Scientific Expert interaction and functional expertise. Collaboration with CRPs, Global Medical Science Liaison Capabilities and others is expected.
- Recruits and staffs field-based positions as appropriate and takes full responsibility for these personnel decisions.
- Manages and optimizes personnel resources.
- Participates actively in cross-functional succession planning and talent development discussions
- Excel at customer engagement and support medical/scientific information needs of scientific experts
- Maintain and effectively communicate deep scientific knowledgeCommunicate of Scientific Intelligence & Clinical Insight
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-14495.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up