San Diego, California
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly Discovery Chemistry is embarking on an exciting journey to change the way we craft, build and execute research. With an aptitude for developing web applications and an interest in using today's Technologies, you will contribute to developing tools that support LIMS database development.
Are you seeking a career opportunity where you will utilize groundbreaking, modern technology? Are you a creative, detail-oriented and organized application developer with experience in bioinformatics/chemical informatics? We are seeking a hardworking web application developer with database experience to join the Structural Biology Laboratory Information Management System (SBLIMS) team. The successful candidate will work with the SBLIMS team and internal scientists to develop web-based tools to enhance laboratory processes and data tracking. An ideal candidate would be able to design, develop, test, and debug code through the entire development cycle.
- Develop web-based interfaces for data-entry and search features
- Interact with scientists from multiple areas to gather specifications, design solutions, and test the resulting interfaces
- Work collaboratively with other team members to develop more complex applications
- Troubleshoot and migrate existing tools to newer technologies
- B.S. or higher in computer science related field or
- B.S. in biology / chemistry or a related field with appropriate job-related programming experience
- Post graduate relevant industry or academic experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude with a desire to learn
- Demonstrated programming skills in PHP or Perl
- Strong SQL and database skills, preferably with Oracle databases
- Familiarity with Perl compatible regular expression (PCRE) syntax
- Linux / Unix familiarity / Apache
- Experience with SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle triggers
- Experience with C#, Python, and/or TensorFlow
- Ability to listen and gather requirements from scientists
- Lab automation experience
- Knowledge of biophysical methods, molecular biology, protein purification, crystallography, or electron microscopy is a plus
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application processes please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56937.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up