Sales Representative-Central Area Neuroscience Primary Care (LA, MI, AK, TN)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Responsibilities** Seeking candidates who are geo-flexible and interested in relocating to Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Tennessee. Candidates must be open to relocating to ANY territory within one of these states. **
Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? Would you like a career where you can use your sales experience and skills? At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
For over 25 years, Lilly has been committed to helping people suffering from migraine, investigating more than a dozen different compounds for the treatment of migraine and disabling headache disorders. These research programs have accelerated understanding of this disease and advanced the development of Lilly's comprehensive late-stage development programs studying the launch of a Migraine portfolio for prevention of migraine and cluster headache, and for the acute treatment of migraine. Our goal is to make life better for people with migraine by offering comprehensive solutions to prevent or stop this disabling disease. The combined clinical, academic and professional experience of our experts helps us to build our research portfolio, identify challenges for healthcare providers and pinpoint the needs of people living with migraine and cluster headache.
Sound interesting to you? Read on to find out more about how you can join our sales team, where you will enjoy meaningful work, build a successful career and make important contributions to our patients’ lives.
The Neurosciences Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for effectively managing a defined territory with focus on health care providers in that area. The Neurosciences specialist will be responsible for building preference for Lilly as a respected partner in Neurosciences, exceed sales targets, effectively engage customers, have a business ownership mindset, and effectively implement corporate strategies.
- Represent Lilly as a leader in the Neurosciences community and marketplace.
- Track record of sales success: Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations.
- Demonstrate execution excellence within the assigned territory as it relates to targeting, messaging, programs, and budget.
- Conduct market analysis to develop and implement territory business plans.
- Identify and develop influential business relationships by anticipating and exceeding needs with key customers, influencers, prescribers, speakers, thought leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations.
- Focus on developing and building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for neurology patients within the territory.
- Partner with customers to understand practice workflow and patient needs within the practice.
- Provide resources and meet customer needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific support.
- Assist and coordinate critical activities with physicians and office staff through the drug initiation process, device training, patient support programs, and follow-up where applicable.
- Collaborate and partner with peers in the Neuroscience sales organization and brand team to deliver a world class customer experience
- Collaborate with Market Manager, P2P Consultant, Medical, Brands, and other commercial partners to ensure a positive patient experience with treatment.
- Use Strategic Account Management to understand and map patient flow and referral patterns from HCPs in assigned geographies.
- Identify decision criteria and barriers for early detection, diagnosis, and treatment for patients (including protocols, care pathways, specialty referral, etc.)
- Utilize Lilly resources that enhance the customer experience among the HCPs.
- Promote product portfolio to HCPs through value-based conversations and communicate safety, efficacy, and treatment expectations.
- Have external focus and develop deep knowledge of Neurosciences industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product and competitor knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong market, system, and site of care knowledge in their local ecosystem.
- Aggressively pursue ongoing medical knowledge development within and outside of formal Lilly training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible.
- Share learning effectively with teammates to serve as a learning resource within the Geo-managed team.
- Earn reputation as a subject-matter authority and a valued resource.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs.
- Minimum 5 years strong sales experience with neurosciences and/or biologics
- Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
- Product launch experience, particularly in a new therapeutic class
- Ability to incorporate the “total office” selling approach/account management
- Proven ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
- Experience in a multi-channel (collaborative) selling environment
- Adapt quickly to a changing marketplace and should be flexible to learning new products and disease states over time
- Patient centric mindset
- Proven ability to lead the service value chain – exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance – across team, peers and leadership.
- Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This position is geo-flexible; territory includes the following state(s): Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi
- Lives within assigned geography or within 30 miles of region boundaries.
- Approximately 10-25% travel; some overnight travel may be required
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55187.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up