District Sales Manager Alium
Mexico City, Mexico
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
District Sales Manager Alium
Achieve Team Lilly purpose: creating superior value for our Customers (physicians, payers, providers and patients) by role modeling TEAM LILLY expectations to lead and inspire its sales team to deliver results but also positively inspiring the whole region. Partner with the national sales manager to achieve Business Results for the whole ALIUM+ECO region (Diabetes Alliance Portfolio + classic brands) using all the previous background in pharma by coming with proposals on how to work better as TEAM Cross functionally. These means influencing in other areas (marketing, HR, IT, SPP, Training) to get the best from them to serve our customers.
- Develop an inspiring vision with sales team to exceed customer expectations aligned with corporate/business unit visions and operates within compliance guidelines itself and its team.
- Lead its sales team through change: Communicates rationale and benefits of change required and how it will positively affect the business and team’s work practices and performance.
- Works as a bridge between sales and marketing to include both perspectives and have better solutions for customers.
- Attract, develop and retain Top Talent:
- Develops sales reps by providing a variety of experiences, monitoring progress and coaching/mentoring as appropriate.
- Identifies, recruits, and selects top talent internally and externally for leadership roles.
- Give input to NSM to develop a strategic plan that defines what inputs (e.g. brands, people, resources) and strengths can be leveraged to capture opportunities while reducing threats and weaknesses.
INNOVATE / ACCELERATE
- Create customer value externally: Identifies, prioritizes and builds strategic business partnerships with key customers and institutions.
- Create customer value internally: Represents the “Voice of the Customer” to Lilly by communicating customer concerns and issues back to the Marketing, Medical, Sales and Compliance areas.
- Proven ability to have short learning curve.
- Demonstrated capability to find opportunities to do things better, point the opportunities constructively and develop the new ways of doing things better.
- Remove barriers for the team to deliver.
- Make timely, judgment-based decisions, adjusting course as needed.
- Holds self and sales team accountable for building long-term customer value and achieving business objectives.
- Develop high performing / high integrity Team: Sets high expectations for team around compliance, then role models and coaches to these expectations.
- Identifies opportunities and threats based on knowledge of the business and previous roles, brand strategy, local market, customer needs and healthcare/payer environment.
- Encourages and rewards the evaluation of plans, and the adjustment/improvement of plans through learning – even learning through failure.
- At least two years of previous pharma experience in sales and in other cross functional areas.
- Interest in developing professional career in commercial & marketing leadership roles, mid-term.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced English
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA degree desirable
- Monthly traveling availability (8 days a month)
Work location: Mexico City
Expected traveling: 5-7 days to Culiacán, Tampico & Reynosa/Matamoros
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-26175.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up