TSMS Laboratory Representative
Company OverviewBy making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
Lilly unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
For 144 years Lilly has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site in Kinsale, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
ResponsibilitiesProvide technical support for existing manufacturing processes, in addition to development, commercialization, technology transfer of new processes into the operations/manufacturing environment. Position will be primarily focused on upstream cell culture. Build deep technical expertise in the area of responsibility and demonstrate strong data-driven decision-making and problem-solving capabilities. Work to continuously improve process performance by implementing new technologies and process improvements.
- Understand the purpose and science of the process; have an in-depth knowledge of the science (including analytical) behind the molecule and the process - prior experience with commercial mammalian cell culture highly desirable.
- Qualify and perform laboratory experiments in scale-down models designed to further understand and improve the manufacturing process.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the manufacturing equipment set and control system.
- Work with the development organization to ensure a well-understood, robust and fit-for-purpose process control strategy is developed and transferred.
- Document and communicate work and learningsUnderstand and be compliant with regulatory expectations
Basic QualificationsPhD in Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related discipline.
MSc with relevant experience will also be considered.
Practical experience in industrial cell culture/purification process design and execution in a laboratory setting is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate decision-making.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56473.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up