Small Molecule Technical Services/Manufacturing Science Representative
Company OverviewBy making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
Lilly unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
For more than 140 years Lilly has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site in Kinsale, we value integrity, excellence and respect for people.
Our Kinsale site in Ireland has a reputation for technical excellence across both synthetic chemistry and biotechnology. We partner closely with Lilly’s R&D division to bring the next generation of innovative medicines to patients around the world.
Our work in Technical Services / Manufacturing Science is a demanding work environment that is dynamic and strongly team-based.
To facilitate the efficient and effective commercialisation of an unprecedented number of molecules in late stage clinical development, Eli Lilly Kinsale now invites applications for the position of TS/MS Representative at our Manufacturing and Commercialisation site in Kinsale, Ireland.
ResponsibilitiesThe TS/MS Representative should be the expert on process teams supporting supply and new products. This includes a deep understanding of the laboratory model and a thorough knowledge of the process control strategy and its implementation in the manufacturing environment. The TS/MS Representative will provide technical support for the commercialization and technology transfer of new processes into the operations/manufacturing environment.
- Be the expert on the process chemistry and overall molecule control strategy, including development history, impurity generation and rejection etc. Ensure maintenance of control strategy through lifecycle
- Transferring new processes/technology from Lilly Development and/or third party operations to Eli Lilly Kinsale.
- Be familiar with and capable of executing a robust lab model for new or existing products
- Build technical expertise in the area of responsibility and demonstrate strong data-driven decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ensure the process is in-control, capable, compliant and maintained in a validated state through continual monitoring.
- Identify, prioritise and complete process optimisation opportunities based on EVA (Economic Value Added) and other criteria.
Basic QualificationsPhD in Chemistry (Organic / Synthetic / Medicinal / Analytical)
1-2 years industrial experience is desirable but not essential.
- Deep technical interest and understanding in the field of chemistry and manufacturing science.
- Excellent laboratory technique and an ability to maintain workplace cleanliness and safety to the highest standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate decision-making.
- External / Contract manufacturing experience is desired.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56904.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up