Small Molecule Technical Services/Manufacturing Science Analytical Chemist
Company OverviewBy making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
Lilly unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
For more than 140 years Lilly has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work. We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site in Kinsale, we value integrity, excellence and respect for people.
Our Kinsale site in Ireland has a reputation for technical excellence across both synthetic chemistry and biotechnology. We partner closely with Lilly’s R&D division to bring the next generation of innovative medicines to patients around the world.
Our work in Technical Services / Manufacturing Science is a demanding work environment that is dynamic and strongly team-based. To facilitate the efficient and effective commercialisation of an unprecedented number of molecules in late stage clinical development, Eli Lilly Kinsale now invites applications for the position of TS/MS Analytical Chemist at our Manufacturing and Commercialisation site in Kinsale, Ireland.
ResponsibilitiesThe TS/MS Analytical Chemist will provide analytical chemistry support to the TS/MS Process and Laboratory Chemists. This includes a deep understanding of a variety of analytical techniques, a thorough knowledge of the analytical control strategy for existing processes and development of the analytical control strategy for 2nd generation processes.
- Build analytical expertise in the area of responsibility and demonstrate strong data-driven decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- Deep Expertise in a variety of analytical techniques, including chromatography, mass spectrometry and physical chemistry technologies.
- Provide technical support and oversight for internal TS/MS laboratory and external contract laboratory operations, including method development, method evaluations and testing plan execution.
- Develop the analytical control strategy (including method development and evaluation) for 2nd generation projects.
- Maximise application of existing technologies and instrumentation and assess and introduce new analytical technologies to the TS/MS laboratory.
- Partner with Quality Control Laboratory colleagues as required.
Basic QualificationsPhD or MSc in Analytical Chemistry
Additional Skills/PreferencesIndustrial experience relevant to the listed responsibilities is desirable but not essential.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55452.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up