P2P VMD Analyst Z2 (12month FTC)
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals. Today more than 700 are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast a vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in Finance GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! The new Island Hall facility will extend our overall capacity where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings.
Our benefits package includes healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, Educational Assistance, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
“We see Cork as an integral part of our productivity agenda. If you are excited by new opportunity and new scope, you are working at the right place.” – Dave Ricks, CEO Lilly
The role of a P2P Analyst involves having responsibility for P2P coordination of information from several aspects of the P2P Process. Relating to Vendor master Data. All Analysts are responsible for professional interaction with business partners/affiliates.
Key Responsibilities for P2P VMD Analyst Z2
The primary role of the P2P VMD Analyst is to manage, understand and maintain an expert level of business and process knowledge on Vendor Master Data, meeting all expected deliverables for the P2P area
- Support team members on various processes in VMD
- Be seen as a “go-to” information resource for other team members
- Act as a Liaison between managers and team members
- Create and Review key metrics linked to our VMD Processes and communicate to managers to ensure KPIs are being met.
- Support training of new team members
- Be point of contact in GBS for global P2P projects linked to VMD
- Work with Global Process Owner and Project Delivery Co-Ordinator for P2P to support P2P global projects
- Liaise with management team to ensure projects are aligned with GBS P2P vision
- Communicate change effectively across different levels of the organization
- Review, manage and update documentation associated with new and revised global processes
- Data Quality Reviews (e.g. sample audits)
- Perform quality reviews, root cause analysis and resolve issues
- Deliver training as needed
- Build Strong Working Relationships with:
- Local Controllers and accountants across the business
- Other GBS functions: GA, O2C, etc.
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Cross Tower Interactions Owner
- Work with other Towers / Departments to ensure that the required information is flowing in a timely fashion and adding value to the affiliates
- Identify key risk areas in Vendor Master Data and ensure that management are aware
- Highlight and implement areas of improvement in the process
- Support organizational changes.
- Demonstrate flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or meeting volume variances.
- Provide training to the business areas that support the processes. e.g. basic required training, or to improve efficiency of the processes
- Participate in internal and external educational opportunities relevant to the Information or customer service environment.
- Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and The Red Book.
- Ensure adherence to all document retention requirements in line with Lilly Global Record Retention Schedule and any applicable local legal requirements, including filing, storing, archiving, and destroying documents at the end of the record retention period
- Ensure all SOx and Operational controls are completed and followed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
- Integrate compliance into daily activities.
- Comply with any corrective actions.
- Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- +3 years SSC/GBS P2P experience.
- Business qualification with a Data Analytics / Accountancy focus at degree level or above
- Proven track record with in house projects
- Able to communicate change effectively across different levels of the organization.
- General business/functional knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Compliance and controls experience.
- Strong research and issues resolution skills
- Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
- Able to work under pressure, juggling short deadlines, multiple priorities and concern for maintaining standards.
- Good time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc…)
- SAP Experience
- Second Language
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-15239.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up