Associate / Sr. Associate /Lead - MES Engineer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Eli Lilly requires a Lead MES Engineer to work within an existing project team to define, design and develop new electronic batch records for their continuous small volume facility in the Kinsale manufacturing site. This role will also encompass delivering changes to existing electronic batch records, and provide day to day support for the MES system
- Co-ordinate with the business in gathering and understanding their requirements and translate them into an appropriate solution within the MES system.
- Lead a development team in designing and developing electronic batch records / work instructions within the MES solution.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure traceability of requirements.
- Using an object orientated approach to develop recipe objects that can be shared and used across multiple batch records within the MES solution.
- Ensure consistency in recipe design and implementation
- Coordinate & participate in solution testing and ensure good testing practices are followed.
- Possesses general awareness and knowledge of regulatory and quality requirements.
- Work as part of a team and partner with the business to design, develop and deliver changes to existing / live Recipes.
- Provide support in trouble shooting and resolving any issues with live Recipes within the MES solution.
- Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities within MES delivery process and solution implementation.
- Partner with IT peers across manufacturing and solution services to identify solutions to meet business partners’ needs.
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies, latest technology standards and implications to system solution.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing technical / MES solutions in a GMP environment.
- Experience in Object Orientated programming languages and demonstrated experience in Visual Basic scripting.
- Experience in working in a development team, but also the ability to take a lead in resolving issues or developing solutions where needed.
- Experience with direct customer interactions for requirements gathering and translating into a programming solution.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and supporting an MES system or similar system.
- Good working knowledge of automation systems, Historians and DCS.
- Knowledge of GMP’S, regulatory requirements, computer system validation.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated learning agility both technically as well as business processes and applications.
- Demonstrated initiative to build relationships, learn new business processes and identify new opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level for resolution.
BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Note: When applying internally for a position your current supervisor receives notification that you have applied to the position. We encourage employees to discuss the opportunity with their supervisor prior to applying.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-30399.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up