Business Plan Intern
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Business Plan Intern – Project Description / Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of annual sales & OpEx plan in collaboration with the Sr. Financial Analyst and CFO by coordinating all the relevant stakeholders including but not limited to HR, Marketing, Sales, PRA and Medical functions. The individual will support the Sr. Financial Analyst and CFO in leading the annual planning process ensuring that company-wide requirements are understood and reflected in the affiliate output.
- The role will be accountable for supporting the delivery of financial insight to senior management to support business decisions and drive affiliate performance that is in line with company goals.
- The individual responsible will experience the planning cycle from start to finish and will get to see the snapshot of the full company. He/she will need to lead the focus on master data consolidation and input quality improvements ensuring accuracy in reporting. Continuous improvement across all FP&A activities will be highly appreciated, such as reporting/forecasting processes and excel-based models. The individual will need to support Sr. Financial Analyst and CFO in understanding the story behind the numbers and should be able to summarize it in a clean & simple manner to senior management.
- Support with the month end analytical reviews including Sales & OpEx variance analyses and PRV and present findings to management on a monthly basis.
- This role offers very high exposure to the rest of the company and it will be a good fit for an individual who is aspiring to learn all the important details of the pharmaceutical industry.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong analytical skills, including excellent Excel skills.
- Good communication skills – ability to ensure all stakeholders are briefed appropriately.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to act responsibly and ethically when working with sensitive financial information, whether it’s information for the company or for individuals.
- Inquisitive mind willing to challenge where necessary with strong analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Ability to adapt priorities quickly, to be pro-active and to work within strict deadlines.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-11628.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up