Visual Analyst – Developer
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Data story telling
- Consult and elucidate work flows to map to visual analytics tools.
- Assist in and/or be accountable for selecting visualization methods for data analysis, authoring specifications for the visualization, and validating the work.
- Determine architecture and oversee developers in creating data visualizations and data visualization tools.
- Produce data visualizations and interactive data visualization tools as well as provide oversight and verification.
- Maintain proficiency with respect to relevant programming languages and methodologies in data visualization.
- Effectively utilize interactive tools for quick visualization of data.
- Justify methods selected.
- Conduct peer-review of work products from colleagues.
Therapeutic Area and Systems Knowledge:
- Understand relevant disease states in order to enhance the level of customer focus and collaboration.
- Ensure replication of tools and systems, where applicable and stay informed of technological advances.
Regulatory and Quality Compliance:
- Perform work in full compliance with assigned curriculum(s) and will be responsible for following applicable corporate, medical, local, and departmental policies, procedures, processes, and training.
- PhD. in Computer Science, Data Sciences or Bio-statistics or BS with 7+ years of industry experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Experience using GitHub
- Strong knowledge of R and R/Shiny.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
- Creativity and innovation
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Comfortable in dashboard software like SAS VA, Spotfire, Tableau, JMP, SAS, etc.
- Technical growth and application with working knowledge of statistics and statistical/visualization software
- Data analysis, technology, and systems expertise
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-118.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up