Sr. Federal Tax Analyst
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around
the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis,
Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring
life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding
and management of disease, and give back to our communities through
philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we
put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Federal Tax Analyst is responsible for federal income tax compliance for companies owned and operated by Eli Lilly and Company. These responsibilities include preparing federal income tax returns, performing tax research and detailed federal tax accounting computations, and calculating estimated tax payments. Responsibilities also include assistance with IRS audit requests, support of tax planning, and special projects. This position requires strong business collaboration skills and tax technical knowledge.
- Complete timely and accurate tax returns
- Provide quarterly forecasts for planning, estimated tax payments, and external reporting purposes
- Complete tax accounting and related activities
- Track, research and advise on current and changing tax laws and regulations
- Defend positions upon IRS audit as necessary
- Seek and develop ways to improve processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree
- Minimum of 2 years of tax experience in a large public accounting firm and/or large corporate tax environment
- Understanding of ASC 740/FAS 109
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- CPA certification preferred
- Prior SAP and OneSource tax software experience
- Proven tax research skills
- Strong tax accounting/tax technical skills
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 56130.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up