SAP FICO Business Process Architect
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The ERP Services IT organization is responsible for providing solutions for SAP and SAP-integrated systems, enabling supply chain management, human resources, and financial business processes. A key role within that organization is the Business Process Architect.
Working as part of the global SAP delivery team, a Business Process Architect is responsible for the longer-term strategic plans and will help the business area shape their future using technology and information. The main focus will be to influence and drive the delivery of S4Hana.
The SAP FICO Business Process Architect is responsible for identifying, planning and leading large initiatives in the ERP Services – V&C area specific to business processes supporting General Accounting with the main focus on Treasury. This includes positioning programs effectively with key business partners and governance teams, managing supplier relationships and aligning key Lilly resources across the organization to accomplish key program milestones.
- Partners with GA leadership to define future state business processes and supporting technologies to accomplish short and long term business goals
- Collaborate with key Business Partners and other IT Business Process Architects set direction through formation of a strategic roadmap.
- Work with key business partners and other IT business process consultants to identify business problems and evolve the global solution, using SAP and non-SAP systems, to most effectively meet the business needs.
- Leverage a deep understanding of how the IT tools are used by the business and how these tools interact, in order to influence the business to think in different ways by providing design direction and alternative options to meet business needs.
- Work with business process owners, other functional consultants, as well as Enterprise Architecture groups on cross organizational issues. Act as a liaison between IT and business partners on large-scale projects.
- Integration of global design with systems and processes, designing/developing interfaces to/from SAP working with both internal and external resources.
- Lead the development of evolving global design for incremental operational changes to key business processes in SAP, working directly with the Service Delivery supplier ensuring they have appropriate understanding of business processes and supporting design at Lilly.
- Work directly with application vendors to understand and influence the vendor’s strategic direction for their product, keeping an outward focus to identify new trends and opportunities.
- Responsible for alignment of business architecture direction with other IT areas.
- Coach and mentor management, team, and others on business processes, technologies and designs as appropriate.
- Readiness and willingness to help guide similar design decisions in other module areas (as per relevant experience).
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of SAP FICO experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Strong understanding of broad business process in the FICO area.
- Strong understanding of Treasury would be preferable
- Must have deep functional and technical knowledge of SAP modules supporting General Accounting / FI-CO.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to have a global view.
- Ability to influence others to adopt different point of view or concept.
- Understanding of current state and future direction for the area and for the enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to establish key relationships with those outside of the immediate business area.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influences integration points with other business areas, processes, functions.
- Excellent initiative and self-management skills as well as ability to lead teams, influence others and manage conflict.
- Full time day shift position. Occasional off hours and weekend work is expected as this position serves a global organization
- Up to 10% US & OUS travel could be required
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-822.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up