Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Data Integration and Analysis Scientist – Small Molecule Design and Development
The Small Molecule Design and Development (SMDD) organization has a unique opportunity for a multi-disciplinary scientist to join our Process Design and Development group. The Data Integration and Analysis Scientist candidate will be part of our development team comprised of a diverse group of analytical chemists, organic chemists and chemical engineers delivering product and process understanding across a broad range of platforms. SMDD seeks to develop and explore new technical solutions across our portfolio with specific focus on the following areas:
- Integration of analytical and process data with automated data analysis workflows
- Information management and real-time data display
- Delivering data packages to build integrated process control strategies including modeling and feedback control
- Design of next generation process monitoring/analytics
The ideal candidate will have experience in Process Development with background in Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Must be computer savvy with the ability to navigate multiple instrument software and data analysis environments, able to integrate data and implement innovative analysis workflows, have strong technical problem-solving ability and have an internal motivation to achieve quality results in a fast-paced environment. The individual must be a good communicator and collaborate across many diverse teams: local, technical colleagues in the Indianapolis Lilly Technology Center, domestic and international manufacturing sites, and external network collaborators.
- Integrate with project teams to enable successful design, development and implementation of data analysis workflows integrated with process analytical instruments/sensors.
- Evaluate, design and develop information management strategies for process development data.
- Identify and monitor disruptive process analytical and information technologies as well as trends in continuous manufacturing/chemical engineering.
- Support existing automation processes and equipment across a range of applications including chemical synthesis, analytical technologies, and commercial manufacturing.
- Engage with scientists across Eli Lilly’s Development and Manufacturing organizations to develop a deep understanding of new initiatives or existing scientific processes and identify optimal automation solutions and process improvement opportunities.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering; or other natural science
- B.S/M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering; or other natural science with minimum 15 years commensurate experience.
- Experience with python, R, MATLAB or other programming environment.
- Experience delivering robust chemometric models for spectroscopy data sets.
- Demonstrated delivery of novel data analysis routines.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in fields of analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, process development, and information management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak to both technical and business-related implications of their work. Interpersonal skills necessary to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team oriented environment are required. Demonstrated success working independently and as part of a larger group.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical/scientific knowledge to meet changing project needs. Flexibility to adjust priorities over time to meet organizational and scientific goals.
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55193.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up