Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Are you looking to join a dynamic company striving to improve the lives of people around the world? For more than a century, Eli Lilly and Company has united caring with discovery to make life better. We continuously focus on new and innovative ways to fulfill our extraordinary purpose of making medicines that help people live longer, healthier, more active lives.
Lilly is looking for creative, motivated and enthusiastic scientists to join the Global Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacometrics Team. If you have a passion, curiosity and persistence to affect change and deliver results this could be the career for you.
This role will give you the opportunity to contribute your scientific and technical knowledge to model-informed drug discovery and development strategies and plans, trial designs, data interpretation. You will be part of a team developing innovative medicines that will improve the lives of patients around the world.
PK/PD & Pharmacometrics scientists are functional leaders in research and development throughout the value chain from preclinical lead molecule identification to clinical post-drug approval. Our goal is to identify and develop the right drug with the right dose for the right patient through the model-informed paradigm of drug research and development. You will apply PK/PD and pharmacometric approaches to translate from preclinical to the clinical setting by integrating data from multiple subject areas. We need a dynamic and driven scientist who is able to:
- Conduct PK/PD modeling and simulation to inform drug development programs.
- Provide PK/PD/Pharmacometric and scientific leadership to project teams to support the selection of the right target, molecule, dose, patient population, and development strategies.
- Support decision-making through collaboration on cross-functional teams.
- Develop PK/PD sections of clinical development plans.
- Support the preparation and delivery of Phase I, II, and III study protocols, analysis plans, data interpretation, and study reports.
- Prepare relevant INDs, IBs, CTDs and other regulatory documents for development and registration of new drugs and line extensions across multiple geographies. This may involve direct interaction with FDA, EMA, PMDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Mentor other scientists as well as interact, guide and collaborate with academia.
- Represent the group to increase visibility externally, through key publications, active leadership in key scientific organizations, industry trade groups, or consortia.
- PhD and/or MD in relevant scientific field such as pharmacokinetics, pharmacometrics, clinical pharmacology, biological/pharmaceutical sciences, bioengineering, biostatistics.
- While experience from industry, regulatory, consulting or academia with exposure to industry is advantageous, we are also looking for hardworking emerging professionals.
- Knowledge of relevant simulation software (e.g. NONMEM, Monolix, R, S-Plus, Phoenix NLME, MATLAB, Berkeley Madonna etc.)
- Experience in pharmacokinetics, pharmacometrics, clinical pharmacology, population PK modeling, exposure-response modeling, clinical trial simulation
- Communicate effectively and with confidence
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 57703.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up