Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Core Job Responsibilities
- Understand and anticipate the scientific information needs of all local/regional customers (payers, patients, health care providers)
- Actively address customer (payer, patient and health care providers) questions in a timely fashion by leading data analysis and new clinical or health outcomes research efforts.
- Contribute to the development of medical strategies to support brand commercialization activities by working closely with the global Medical Affairs and brand teams, Global Patient Outcomes/Real World Evidence and global PRA, clinical management or personnel and other cross-functional management during the development of the local business plan.
- Contribute as a scientific and medical expert to activities and deliverables of the PRA organization, in particular giving clinical input and insight to develop payer partnership programs and defend the product value.
- Knowledge of and compliance with local laws and regulations, and global policies and procedures, compliance guidelines with respect to data dissemination and interactions with external health care professionals.
- Understand and actively address the unsolicited scientific information needs of external health care professionals according to guidelines above.
- Support training of local medical personnel, including medical and/or outcome liaisons and health outcomes staff.
- Prepare or review scientific information in response to customer questions or media requests.
- Establish and maintain appropriate collaborations and relationships with external scientific experts, thought leaders, and the general medical community on a local, national, regional, and possibly international basis.
- Develop and maintain appropriate collaborations and relationships with relevant professional societies.
- Support the design of customer research as medical expert.
- Participate in data analysis, development of scientific data dissemination, and preparation of final reports and publications.
- Participate in reporting of clinical trial data in Clinical Trial Registry activities.
- Communicate and collaborate with Director-Medical and Business Unit Team Physician/Regional Medical Leader as needed to ensure life cycle plans for drugs in development address customer needs or communicate and collaborate such needs as delegated by Director-Medical and Business Unit Team Physician/Regional Medical Leader, as needed, global Medical Affairs and Development teams, Global Patient Outcomes/Real World Experience, PRA, Therapeutic Area Program Phase, and Early Phase /EPM /Translational Medicine teams.
- Communicate local/regional research needs and collaborate with other regions and the global Development and Medical Affairs teams, Global Patient Outcomes/Real World Experience, and PRA teams to ensure Phase 3, 3b, and 4 (and Phase I and II where applicable) clinical programs meet the needs of local/regional customers (for example, through global medical planning processes).
- Understand and keep updated with the pre-clinical and clinical data relevant to the molecule.
- Represent the clinical needs of the country/region to the business unit medical leadership in the development of clinical strategies, development plans and study protocol design.
- Review and approve local informed consent documents and risk profiles to ensure appropriate communication of risk to study subjects.
- Collaborate with clinical research staff in the design, conduct and reporting of local clinical trials (for example, sample size, patient commitment, timelines, grants, and governance review interactions).
- Collaborate with Clinical Research Scientists (CRSs), regional clinical operations staff, statisticians, health outcomes, research scientists and selected investigators in the development of protocols and data collection requirements.
- Assist in the planning process and participate in study start-up meetings and other activities to provide the appropriate scientific training and information to investigators and site personnel.
- Participate in development and review of local labeling and labeling modifications in collaboration with global Development, brand teams, regulatory, and legal. Demonstrate deep knowledge of local label.
- Provide medical expertise to regulatory scientists.
- Support / assist in the preparation of regulatory reports, preparation for regulatory agency advisory committee hearings and label discussions, local registration efforts, and communication and resolution of regulatory issues, including regulatory response, from an affiliate/country perspective.
- Participate in advisory committees.
- Participate in risk management planning along with global Development team(s), business unit, local area, and Global Patient Safety (GPS).
- Be aware of current trends and projections for clinical practice and access in the therapeutic area(s) relevant to the product.
- Critically read and evaluate the relevant medical literature
- Responsible for the scientific training of the clinical study team.
- Acts as scientific consultant and protocol expert for clinical study team members and others in medical.
- Attend, contribute and participate in medical congresses/scientific symposia
- An advanced health/medical/scientific (for example, in Pharmacology, physiology, microbiology) or related graduate degree such as DVM, PharmD, PhD, MSN with advanced clinical specialty (Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner) and one of following
- 3-5 years of clinical experience or
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical experience (2 of which is in clinical development)
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters Degree in health/medical/scientific or related field and 7-10 years of pharmaceutical experience that is directly related to at least one of the following:
- Clinical trial experience
- Experience in areas relevant to drug discovery
- Drug/clinical development experience (for example, epidemiology, toxicology, pharmacology, regulatory affairs, medical affairs)
- Clear evidence and documentation of candidate's direct role and contribution to medical content. This should include evidence of candidate as medical content owner (oversight of content development-creator/creation, reviewer, and approver. Medical c medical, scientific or clinical information)
- Candidate's selection for CRS role must be endorsed by the BU Med affairs/development VP or equivalent area Senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to balance scientific priorities with business priorities with examples of successful leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others (both cross-functionally and within the function) in order to create a positive working environment.
- Engagement in domestic and international travel to the degree appropriate to support the business of the team will be required. Travel requirement >40% of time.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written communication
Additional InformationLilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54914.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up