Research Scientist-Clinical Imaging Analysis
Indianapolis, IndianaNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesHave you wanted to work in clinical research using your ability to analyze medical images? Do you have a desire to contribute to pharmaceutical research as a core member of an Imaging Research and Development team? Lilly is looking for a dynamic scientist to join our team. Do you have strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills? Have you supported clinical trial research? You will use your image analysis skills to provide technical insight to support of the clinical therapeutic portfolio. You will be computationally adept and responsible for the design, image analysis and interpretation of medical imaging in clinical trials. You will apply experience in image analysis, processing, and modeling and work cross-functionally within Lilly as well as with external imaging collaborators. We are looking for an independent, flexible and innovative scientist to work collaboratively to advance clinical image analysis and research improving the lives of our patients.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic and technical input on the development, implementation and quantitative evaluation of imaging biomarker analysis techniques in various phases of clinical development across therapeutic areas such as Oncology, and, in particular, Immuno-Oncology.
- Design and implement customized multi-modal image analysis (segmentation, registration, abnormality characterization) pipelines, leveraging between novel strategies and standard methodologies.
- Assess CT, MRI and/or PET image analysis as diagnostic and treatment response biomarkers
- Implement emerging technologies including computer vision, neural networks, unsupervised/supervised learning
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal research and clinical (medical, operations, statistics, regulatory) teams as well as external CROs to support the validation of imaging biomarkers and their application in therapeutic development.
- Evaluate emerging imaging technologies, capture and communicate scientific intelligence, identify key scientific developments and implement them in the image analysis pipelines
- Contribute to design, editing, writing and reviewing protocols and technical imaging documents (e.g., technical manuals, imaging review charters).
- Communicate, present and publish results of research projects and clinical trials as appropriate.
- Independently conduct all stages of the projects with minimal supervision.
- PhD in Medical Imaging, Biophysics, Biocomputing or related discipline with applicable training or experience utilizing medical image analysis using CT, PET and/or MRI or
- Master’s degree in Medical Imaging, Biophysics, Biocomputing or related discipline with minimum of 5 years of professional experience utilizing medical image analysis using CT, PET and/or MRI
- Evidence of your direct role and contribution to the medical image analysis field. This may include publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals, presentations at imaging-related conferences and/or developed software codes.
- Participation in oncology clinical trials and implementation of CT, MRI, and/or PET/CT treatment monitoring image analysis for immuno-oncology and other therapies.
- Knowledge of CT, PET and MRI procedures and acquisition protocols
- Implementation of emerging technologies including machine learning and artificial intelligence to the advanced tumor imaging analysis.
- Experience working with programing languages (MATLAB, R, etc.), image processing instruments (PMOD, etc.), and deep learning tools
- Statistical analysis of imaging data and experience in using statistical software tools
- Ability to travel 5-10 %
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 52634.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up