Company OverviewAt Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering; developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We strive to make life better and to be leaders in diversity and inclusion, clinical research, corporate responsibility and employee benefits. For more than 140 years, we have received recognition from several distinguished organizations for our efforts. Here are some of our 2019 honors:
• Catalyst Award, for our innovative Employee Journeys and People Strategy
• Corporate Knights, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
• Ethisphere, World's Most Ethical Companies
• Forbes, America's Best Employers for Diversity
• Forbes, America's Best Large Employers
This Project Engineer role supports the Indianapolis Active Product Ingredient (IAPI) Manufacturing facility and is responsible for the safe, high-quality delivery of capital projects to support IAPI initiatives.In this role you will be responsible for delivering capital projects from concept through close-out that are typically less than $200,000 in value but may range upwards to $5,000,000. In addition, you will be responsible for managing project schedules and budgets, and for overseeing contractor teams to design and implement solutions as well as interface heavily with Operations teams to ensure projects meet customer needs and oversee improvements to processing equipment, utilities, facilities, laboratories, and administrative areas within IAPI.
- Ensure safe execution of all projects and ensure safety of team members.
- Ensure all projects are executed within Health, Safety, Environmental and GMP requirements.
- Utilize technical expertise to make timely and technically sound decisions for ambiguous and complex situations.
- Drive completion of assigned projects by leading multi-disciplinary, multi-location teams to develop scope, agree to design, and efficiently execute implementation of project goals.
- Provide financial justification, secure agreement to obtain required internal/external resources and develop alternatives, and resolves issues through data-driven decision making.
- Ensure accountability for financial performance of assigned projects including preparation of CIRs, development of schedules and cost estimates, and maintenance and control of project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage and maintain project budgets and schedules, and communicate as necessary.
- Partner with Operations, Site Utilities and other functions to ensure that project deliverables meet customer needs.
- Provide an interface with and coordination for both Lilly and third party partners including Automation, Lilly Life Safety, A&E firms, Central Indiana Alliance, and vendors.
- Ensuring that Lilly requirements for design qualification, process safety, change management, document management, commissioning, qualification, validation and construction control are satisfied.
- Financial tracking and management of assigned projects within the SAP system and in compliance with fiscal policy.
- Providing SAP based services to IAPI including submittal of requisitions, contract development, and invoice payment for capital or expense projects, as required.
- Closure of completed projects to ensure appropriate capitalization.
- Engage in the annual resource assessment and capital business planning processes.
- Provide oversight for local drawing management system.
- Formally communicate project information for internal and external project team members and stakeholders, including Operations and Management.
- Recognize inter-relatedness of activities and understand the impact of project decisions on the overall plant.
- Constantly seek to drive value by improving processes, lowering cost and/or saving time.
- Participate in Shutdown Teams to ensure capital delivery during key shutdowns.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Chemical, Biochemical, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Previous experience in a project engineering or project management role including scope development, project estimation, schedule development and project implementation.
- Previous relevant foundational engineering experiences in process engineering, utility engineer, quality assurance, process development, Manufacturing Science & Technology, or similar.
- Previous experience in a project engineering or project management role including scope development, CIR process, project estimation, schedule development and project implementation at local site level or corporate level.
- Experience with both plant utility systems (HVAC, water systems, etc) as well as process equipment is desired.
- Strong communication skills across functions and levels.
- Solid ability to lead and work effectively across a diverse, cross-functional team of colleagues and business partners to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to multi-task and ensure multiple simultaneous projects progress to schedule.
- Effective and influential communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle complex situations through problem-solving, critical thinking and navigating ambiguity.
- Prior experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Applied knowledge of project management methodology, processes and tools (e.g., MS Project, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, SAP).
- No certifications required.
- Tasks require entering manufacturing and laboratory areas which require wearing appropriate protective clothing. Makeup is not allowed in the processing areas.
- Normal working hours are day shift, Monday-Friday. Occasional off hour coverage may be necessary due to planned shutdowns or emergency support.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55231.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up