Product Manager-Connected Care
Indianapolis, IndianaNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Lilly Innovation Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts allows Lilly to explore how next generation therapeutic ecosystems, connected solutions, and data analytics can improve patient health while reducing the clinical, psychosocial and economic burden that is systemic throughout healthcare today. Our team in Cambridge shares a passion for challenging conventional wisdom and crafting an environment that embraces prioritizing high-risk, breakthrough concepts. The center provides a start-up environment with large company support. We are located in the core of Massachusetts’s exploding science and technology cluster, walking distance to some of the best academic and industry innovators in the world! The center has been designed to cultivate collaborative drug, device and technology research across all of Lilly’s therapeutic areas.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Product Manager for Connected Care, you will take part in crafting the product evolution of innovative software solutions that generate insights to improve patient care through disease detection, diagnosis, progression, and treatment support. Through connected sensing, you will help bring a voice and story to the patient’s journey. With your technical expertise, Agile experience, and exemplary collaborative skill, you will work with teams across clinical, engineering, marketing, and commercial disciplines to deliver innovative out-of-the-box solutions that balance timeline, budget, and customer needs. With your thirst for knowledge, creativity, and a deeply imbedded desire to deliver solutions, you will turn ideas and visions into commercial products that change people’s lives.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Act as a product release leader working closely with the execution teams to deliver product functionality that meets the needs of the business by coordinating with business stakeholders on product vision, road-map and growth opportunities. As such, you will be providing direction and elaboration to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle.
- Exercise your background in backlog grooming and requirements management to ensure that the engineering team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks from iteration planning and execution.
- Work closely with engineering, medical, clinical, IT, and therapeutic area subject matter experts to assess relative value of needs, develop cases, and prioritize User stories, use cases, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with market needs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and statisticians to make sense of large physiological sensor data sets, utilizing elegant data visualization strategies to uncover new insights and communicate value to the business. Translate findings to actionable specifications and development direction for sensors, algorithms, and integrated open- and closed-loop systems
- Work closely with Project Manager and technical team(s) to build and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the requirements gathering process as well as product release planning with all relevant Stakeholders and SME’s
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep up to date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Bachelor's Degree required (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field preferred)
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience as Product Owner
- Experience working in a regulated software development environment
- Healthcare and domain experience
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
- Previous experience with clinical software development and mobile technologies a plus
- Demonstrable experience developing and delivering approved FDA regulated software solutions.
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Experience with large complex enterprise solutions with multiple user persona and competing needs
- Familiarity with IOT strategies, Cloud technologies, data analytics, and machine learning is a bonus
- Experience with Agile execution tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Diabetes experience and/or knowledge
- Travel is part of job, usually 10-15% but up to ~30% of time. Must be able to travel within US and OUS.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54539.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up