Postdoctoral Research Scientist - Cell Biology, Antibody-RNA Conjugates-FDE
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Do you want to make a significant difference by contributing to a new generation of biotherapeutic molecules that could help solve unmet medical needs across a wide range of disease areas? Are you looking for a world-class research environment and an industry-leading biotechnology group that has a track record of success developing drugs impacting patients’ lives? This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of our Postdoctoral Research Scientific community!
We are seeking an ambitious post-doctoral scientist with outstanding research skills to contribute to highly visible research projects at Lilly. Your work will focus on the development of a new class of antibody-oligonucleotide bioconjugates. If you are a passionate and self-motivated multidisciplinary scientist with demonstrated and established cell biology, molecular biology and microscopy experience consider applying to this exciting role! Specifically, you will be able to:
- Build leading-edge molecular systems and novel approaches to provide insight into intracellular trafficking, organelle escape and cytoplasmic delivery of complex bioconjugates.
- Utilize and characterize a new generation of molecular probes to understand and modulate trafficking mechanisms.
- Develop molecular ‘zip codes’ to improve productive siRNA delivery.
- Provide foundational knowledge for Lilly’s emerging antibody-oligonucleotide conjugate platform, whilst also supporting other antibody bioconjugate platforms, such as ADCs.
- Present findings at conferences and publish in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
This role will be embedded in Lilly’s Medicines Innovation Hub (MIH), which serves as leading-edge scientific unit working across all disease areas to identify and develop quality targets, hits, leads, and drug candidates.
- PhD in life science related field
- Adept at cell culture, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, cellular engineering, plasmid design and data analysis.
- Experience or fundamental knowledge of protein/antibody engineering and purification, as well as biochemical characterization assessments.
- Experience or fundamental knowledge of protein/antibody chemical conjugation and analytical characterization techniques including operation of chromatography systems.
- Self-directed and highly motivated individual who wants to learn new techniques while continually pursuing research and publication goals.
- Outstanding communicator (oral and written) with a strong publication record and experience presenting at international conferences.
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting (GraphPad Prism, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Spotfire, etc.).
- Experienced with mammalian cell culture and subcellular trafficking by imaging.
- Experienced with molecular biology (plasmid design, transfection methods, troubleshooting) and protein-level analysis.
- Oligonucleotide research experience.
This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend to 3 years and for maximum of up to 4 years. You will have opportunities to apply for full time positions after your duration is complete.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
About Eli Lilly’s Postdoctoral Scientist Program
When it comes to research and development, our goal is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that make life better for people around the world. It’s challenging, expensive and often filled with failure. But even when we fail, we advance medical science and understanding by learning more about diseases, biology and chemistry – ultimately bringing new solutions one step closer to reality.
Over the course of our history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our research and development team. Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. During your experience you will get:
- Top industry research experience
- Mentoring by some of Lilly’s top scientists
- Training and coaching opportunities to further your development
- Collaboration and networking across other postdoctoral scientists and researchers
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID R-2272.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up