Operator–Mfg Ops–IAPI-Fixed Duration Employment
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
The operator is responsible for running a partially automated process in order to manufacture material. In addition to running the manufacturing process, other activities include collecting and using data from various computer systems for data analysis and documentation. The area is regulated by quality, safety and environmental guidelines; therefore compliance with operating procedures is required.
- Execute ticket and procedure instructions, including collecting, recording, and using data to monitor and control the process.
- Promote Quality, learning, understanding, and strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), cGMP guidelines, and good documentation practices.
- Identify abnormal processing conditions and escalate appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety and environmental guidelines and promote safety and environmental compliance in all areas.
- Provide information to technical services, engineering, and automation to improve batch records, procedures, and automation.
- Maintain process/work areas in a clean and organized state and maintain good housekeeping documentation.
- Escalate processing issues to supervision in a timely manner.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Must complete ITP for Operator.
- No certifications required.
- Tasks require entering manufacturing areas which require wearing appropriate PPE.
- Must exhibit a high level of attention to detail.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to wear loose fitting respirators (in some areas)
- Demonstrate technical skills and problem solving skills.
- Be able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Experience with computer systems related to business applications.
- Work individually and with groups and provide thorough communication.
- Expected to learn and practice troubleshooting skills and the use of statistical tools for data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to enter and collect data from various computer systems.
- Position works a 9/3 slide shift (shifts are 12 hours)
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application processes please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 55859.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up