Indianapolis, IndianaNeed Help Applying?
Accommodation Needed to Submit Resume
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help with individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process for positions at Lilly please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as a part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
ResponsibilitiesThe focus of this position is to provide maintenance expertise to service, repair, and maintain process and utility equipment such as vial washing machines, sterilization tunnels, capping/sealing equipment, filling equipment, conveyor systems, vision inspection machines, cartoners, laser marking systems, robotics, and other pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment currently in service.
The operations maintenance mechanic is expected to understand the needs and requirements of the customers; must be able to work effectively with customers, handle customer questions with tact and understanding while displaying good customer service.
- This role is expected to improve equipment uptime, line efficiency, and increase overall equipment effectiveness in a production environment by condition monitoring, troubleshooting, and assisting in engineering changes.
- Must possess a good mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment while working in a safe manner, following departmental rules and regulations.
- Develop a good working knowledge of how the processes and systems impact and interact with upstream and downstream equipment.
- Must be able to assist in the setup and/or changeover of production line equipment.
- Understand the critical features and parameters associated with the processes.
- Must have the ability to quickly and accurately diagnose the root cause of a problem and implement the proper corrective actions to minimize downtime.
- Must accurately document the actions taken to repair the equipment.
- Willing to assist and learn other skills, as required
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Must be able to speak, read and write English at a sufficient level to communicate technical and business information effectively.
- Knowledge of Lilly business practices with respect to Red Book, FRAP, local and Corporate requirements and procedures
- Must be able to effectively use Lilly business software programs, such as, GMARS, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite and other required software programs.
- Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Physical considerations include the ability to work with or around equipment, climb ladders and stairs and use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). He/she may be exposed to harsh weather conditions as part of the job
- Familiar with set-up and operation of a lathe, mill, surface grinder, and drill press.
- Ability to read and interpret shop prints in a machine shop setting.
- Good, all-around hands-on experience with repair of equipment.
- Experience using VOM (volt-ohm meter) and Amprobe meters for basic motor control troubleshooting.
- Applicable military service training
- Production machine maintenance or machine shop experience
- Night shift 3-2-2-3 6pm – 6am (12 hour).
- Overtime may be required during shutdowns, emergency situations, or periods of heavy workloads.
- The operations maintenance mechanic will work in and around potentially dangerous and hazardous equipment, powders, liquids and gasses. Safety is paramount for this position.
- Some allergens are present at some plant sites. Mobility requirements and exposure to allergens should be considered when applying for this position. Fit for duty test is required.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 53191.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up