Maintenance Mechanic-Manufacturing-Fixed Duration Employee
Company OverviewAt Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
ResponsibilitiesThe focus of this position is to provide manufacturing maintenance support and technical expertise utilizing a Safety First & Quality Always approach for troubleshooting, service, repair and maintenance of process and utility equipment, such as pumps, motors, process sterilization, filling/capping equipment, conveyor systems, vision inspection machines, cartoners, laser marking systems, robotics, and other pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging equipment.
The Operations Maintenance Mechanic is expected to understand the needs and requirements of the Manufacturing customers; must be able to work effectively with Operations, Engineering, Quality and other Maintenance Skilled Trades, and handle customer interactions with professionalism and understanding while displaying good customer service.
- This role is expected to safely execute Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities as assigned, improve equipment uptime, line efficiency, and increase overall equipment effectiveness in a production environment.
- Must possess a good mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment while working in a safe manner, following departmental rules and regulations.
- Develop a good working knowledge of how the processes and systems impact and interact with upstream and downstream equipment.
- Must be able to assist in the setup and/or changeover of production line equipment.
- Understand the critical features and parameters associated with the processes.
- Must have the ability to quickly and accurately diagnose the root cause of a problem and implement the proper corrective actions to minimize downtime and ensure equipment reliability.
- Must accurately document the actions taken to repair the equipment on a Work Order document.
- Willing to assist and learn other skills, as required.
- High School Diploma | GED
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing, if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Applicable military service training may be an acceptable alternative
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing production environment or relevant field
- Must be able to speak, read and write English at a sufficient level to communicate technical and business information effectively
- Basic computer skills (email, typing, Work Order system)
- Ability to work with or around equipment, climb ladders and stairs and use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Completion of Post Offer Exam / Work SimulationFamiliar with set-up and operation of Maintenance Shop hand tools & equipment; machining and welding capability a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical & electrical prints/schematics.
- Experience using DVM (Digital Volt Meter) and Clamp-on amp meters for troubleshooting.
- Must be able to effectively work in a team/collaborative environment.
- Pharmaceutical/GMP manufacturing environment
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Open shift availability (Days, Nights, Weekends, 8 or 12 hr., Rotating shift potential options)
- Overtime may be required during shutdowns, emergency situations, or periods of heavy workloads.
- This position will work in and around potentially dangerous and hazardous equipment, powders, liquids and gasses. Safety is paramount for this position.
- Some allergens are present at some plant sites. Mobility requirements and exposure to allergens should be considered when applying for this position.
To submit resume, visit https://www.lilly.com/careers and apply to Req ID 54634.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our scientists and researchers are developing the breakthrough medicines of tomorrow. Join us and become a creative innovator and thinker who can improve the lives of millions.
We’d love to meet you to discuss career opportunities. Check our calendar now to see when we’ll be in your area.View All Events
By signing up for job alerts, you’ll be the first to learn about opportunities that could be a great fit for you via periodic email updates.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Share a bit about yourself, such as the career area you are interested in. We will then reach out to you when the perfect position is available!Sign Up